Thursday, August 20, 2015

Mia, Month Three

Stats:

Weight: Using my crude method (standing on the scale while holding her) it looks like Mia weighs about 12 pounds.
Height: Again, a crude method, but with a tape measure she’s 24.5 inches long. We’ll get more exact measurements at her doctor’s appointment next month.
Size: 3-6 months/6 months for clothes. Still in size one diapers. 
Appearance: Her hair continues to fill in more and more on top, but it doesn’t seem like it’s gotten much longer in the back this month. It’s pretty bright red, particularly in the sunlight. I was pretty sure that her eyes were going to be blue, but now I’m not so sure. Sometimes, they look really blue, other times, I’m convinced they’ll end up being some shade of green. Stay tuned I suppose!
I feel like Mia is really long. Granted, I have no frame of reference because I’ve never had a baby before, but it seems like it. When I use the CDC’s calculator online, it says she’s in the 74th percentile for length right now.
Her face is really starting to fill out. I love her chubby little cheeks J

Food:
I’m really proud that we’ve made it this far with the exclusive breastfeeding! Now that I’m back at work, she does have to bottle feed during the week, but so far we’ve been managing on the breast milk that I pump. I’m hoping that we can keep this up so that we won’t have to supplement with formula. We’ll see. We have a much more defined schedule for feeding times now too. Her starting times for feedings are 5:30am, sometime between 9 and 9:30, sometime between 12 and 12:30pm, 3, 5:30, 8:00, sometime between 10 and 10:30.
During the week, her 9ish, noonish and 3ish feedings are from the bottle and I pump at work. When I’m home, she’s nursing. She usually drinks 3-4 ounces in a feeding from the bottle or nurses for 30-40 minutes.

Sleep:
Mia sleeps like a rock star at night. She generally falls asleep around 10:30 or 11 after her last feeding and sleeps until I wake her up at 5:30 to feed her (so between 6 and 7 hours). After her first feed of the morning, she goes back to sleep until about 8:30 or 9.
While she sleeps well at night, she’s not really a consistent napper. Generally, her naps are sporadic throughout the day (with the exception of that first one from about 6-9 am, that’s pretty consistent) and only last 20-30 minutes. Other times, she’ll take a 2 hour nap in the middle of the day. We’ve even had a few days this month where she didn’t nap at all. I’m hoping we can get her on a regular nap schedule relatively soon.
We’re slowly transitioning her to sleeping in her crib. She sleeps in the bassinet at night still, but I move her into her crib after her first feed of the morning for her long nap. She also takes most of her naps in her crib unless we’re not home or she’s particularly fussy.
She’s also getting much better at putting herself to sleep. When I put her down at night or even for a nap, she’ll generally lie there quietly or babble/kick a little bit before falling asleep. This is a huge improvement for us as she was usually really fussy when we laid her down to sleep!

Milestones:
Mia rolled over from her back to her tummy for the first time at 10 weeks! It was really exciting! It was the weekend, so Jason and I were both home. We had her on her playmat and were watching her play. She started to get a little fussy and then rolled over! She’s only done it a handful of times, but it’s just as exciting every time J
She’s getting really good at sitting up. She can’t sit up by herself yet, but when she’s propped on a pillow/boppy or the couch, she can sit up pretty well without tipping over.
She’s grabbing at things now. She’s constantly pulling on her clothes/bib and on my shirt when she’s nursing. She’s also starting grabbing my hair, so I have to be careful with that! She’ll also hold toys for a limited amount of time.
We’re pretty sure she’s started teething based on the amount that she drools. She wears a bib full time when she’s awake!
Mia has gotten really expressive in the past month. We can now make her smile (a lot!) which is pretty much the most heartwarming thing ever. She’s a really happy baby!
She’s talking a lot more now too. She babbles to herself a lot, and she’ll carry on a ‘conversation’ with us if we talk back to her. She can even mimic sounds that we make too. She’s really good with vowel sounds, especially ‘ahh’ and ‘oo’. The only consonant she’s managed so far is the ‘g’ sound, such as ‘goo’, ‘gaah’ and ‘guh’. I’m constantly in her face saying ‘Mama’! J
She likes tummy time a lot less than she used to. She gets pretty fussy after just a few minutes, though we usually make her tough it out for at least a half-hour each day. She’s starting ‘army crawling’ when she’s on her tummy. She’ll scoot from one end of the blanket to the other. It’s pretty awesome.
She still won’t take a pacifier. We’re about ready to give up on this one.

Things I want to remember about this month:

All of the smiling!
We took a family trip to New Braunfels for a day to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary. Mia was actually really good most of the day and she enjoyed all of the new things to look at!
Mia got to meet her other great grandma and one of her great aunts this month. They came all the way from Indiana to see her!
How much she’s grown this month.
She loves watching TV and being outside. Both calm her down almost instantly if she’s fussy.
The expression she makes when she’s thinking. She sure can furrow those brows!
How she likes being held facing outward. She’s ready to take on the word!
It’s hard to get her smile on camera because she’s always transfixed by our phone cases.
A rare smile caught on camera!
Hanging out in New Braunfels!
Sitting up like a big girl <3



No comments:

Post a Comment