How far along:
23 weeks, Happy Valentine’s Day from our little love bug!
23 weeks, Happy Valentine’s Day from our little love bug!
Next doctor’s appointment:
February 16
February 16
Signs and symptoms:
I’ve been a little congested for several months now, but I think in recent weeks it’s gotten worse. I’m starting to develop nosebleeds (2-3 per week). They are never heavy and don’t last long, but are still kind of an annoyance. Jason says I also snore a little at night now as I’m falling asleep. Thankfully he’s a heavy sleeper!
I’ve been a little congested for several months now, but I think in recent weeks it’s gotten worse. I’m starting to develop nosebleeds (2-3 per week). They are never heavy and don’t last long, but are still kind of an annoyance. Jason says I also snore a little at night now as I’m falling asleep. Thankfully he’s a heavy sleeper!
This week I’ve had a little bit of stomach discomfort. It’s
not really nausea, more like excess pressure and heartburn. It is enough that I’ve
had to slow down my eating a bit. If I eat too fast it gets worse.
The pain in my feet is getting slightly better, but the
pain in my neck and shoulders is getting worse. I guess being achy is part of
pregnancy!
My belly button is still pointing inward. We’ll see how
long that lasts.
I’m definitely nesting. I keep thinking of things I want
to do to the house before she arrives.
Weight gain:
Up 1 pound from last week; up 6 pounds total. According to my pregnancy aps, the “normal” weight gain at this time is between 7 and 12 pounds, so I’m getting close!
Up 1 pound from last week; up 6 pounds total. According to my pregnancy aps, the “normal” weight gain at this time is between 7 and 12 pounds, so I’m getting close!
Food cravings:
Basically the same as last week.
Basically the same as last week.
Aversions:
Nothing really that I can think of
Nothing really that I can think of
What’s going on with the baby:
Mia is the size of a pomegranate or a large mango. She’s about 11.5 inches long and weighs about a pound now. Her senses of taste, touch and hearing continue to mature and her sense of movement is pretty well developed (she can tell when I’m moving). The lanugo that covers her body is getting darker (cute little monkey baby!) and her fingernails are almost completely formed. In the next few weeks, she’ll be going through a rapid weight-gaining phase. The three main bones in her ears, the hammer, anvil and stirrup, are hardening and her cochleae are fully formed, so she can hear most sounds coming from out here. Her pancreas continues to develop and she now has working sweat glands. The blood vessels in her lungs are developing in preparation for breathing.
Mia is the size of a pomegranate or a large mango. She’s about 11.5 inches long and weighs about a pound now. Her senses of taste, touch and hearing continue to mature and her sense of movement is pretty well developed (she can tell when I’m moving). The lanugo that covers her body is getting darker (cute little monkey baby!) and her fingernails are almost completely formed. In the next few weeks, she’ll be going through a rapid weight-gaining phase. The three main bones in her ears, the hammer, anvil and stirrup, are hardening and her cochleae are fully formed, so she can hear most sounds coming from out here. Her pancreas continues to develop and she now has working sweat glands. The blood vessels in her lungs are developing in preparation for breathing.
What I miss:
Nothing new in this department.
Nothing new in this department.
What I’m looking forward to:
Hearing her heartbeat again at the next appointment.
Hearing her heartbeat again at the next appointment.
Being able to see her move through my belly.
Having her nursery put together!
The birthing and infant care class this weekend.
Changes:
We got Mia’s crib this past weekend (thanks to her awesome Nana and Grandma!), so we’re slowly gathering what we need for the nursery.
We got Mia’s crib this past weekend (thanks to her awesome Nana and Grandma!), so we’re slowly gathering what we need for the nursery.
I’m starting to notice patterns to her movements in terms
of when they happen. She’s usually pretty active about 15-30 minutes after
meals and when I’ve been sitting still for a while. Her most active time of the
day is as right before I go to sleep after I’ve lain down.
Jason and I decided that we’re going to bank Mia’s umbilical
cord blood. We did pretty extensive research and chose an agency.
23 weeks!

No comments:
Post a Comment