Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Pregnancy Journal, Week 22

How far along:
22 weeks

Next doctor’s appointment:
February 16

Signs and symptoms:
Nothing really new from last week. My shoulders and neck have started hurting more, along with my feet and lower back.
She’s getting a lot more active (or rather, she’s getting bigger and I can feel more of her movements). I don’t mind this too much, I love feeling her move!
It’s getting a little more difficult to wear shirts that aren’t meant to be maternity. All of the maternity shirts that I currently own are suited for the winter weather, so I need to invest in some short sleeve ones as well.

Weight gain:
Up 2 more pounds from last week; up 5 pounds altogether now!

Food cravings:
Chick Fil A
Kolaches
Cottage Cheese
Girl Scout Cookies
Fruit roll-ups

Aversions:
A few smells this week have bothered me, but none that I can specifically pick out.  

What’s going on with the baby:
Mia is the size of a spaghetti squash or a papaya. She’s about 11 inches long and weighs 12-13 ounces. Her senses are getting more developed and taste buds have started forming on her tongue. Her brain and nerve endings are developed enough so that her sense of touch is mostly in place, and she’s likely exploring this new sensation by sucking her thumb or touching her face more. Her reproductive system is almost completed formed. If we had a stethoscope, we’d probably be able to hear her heartbeat. Her lips, eyelids and eyebrows are pretty well formed and distinguishable. Her eyes have formed but the irises still lack pigment. She continues to produce more fat on her body to fill in her wrinkly skin and her pancreas is busy forming.

What I miss:
Being comfortable sitting at my desk at work.    
Caffeine. Sometimes I feel like I really need it at work.

What I’m looking forward to:
Crib shopping this weekend.
My baby shower (whenever that will be!).


Changes:
Other than the shirt and increased movement comments that I mentioned above, not too much else has changed this week.

22 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment