Stats:
Weight: approximately 14 pounds. More exact weight next month at her Dr. appointment.
Weight: approximately 14 pounds. More exact weight next month at her Dr. appointment.
Height: 26.5 inches long
Size: 6 months and 6-9
months for clothes and size 2 diapers.
Appearance: Her hair
continues to get a little longer on the top, and the bald spots on the back of
her head are starting to fill in. In the sunlight her hair is very bright red;
inside it’s more of a strawberry blonde. I swear her eye color changes every single
day, but it’s a greenish-blue at the moment. She also has a small brown fleck
on the top of her right iris. Mia is SO long! She outgrows most of her clothes
just because she’s too long to wear them (not based on weight, as baby clothes
are mostly sized). She’s a string bean just like her daddy!
Food:
We are still exclusively
breastfeeding! Just a month more to go to meet my goal of 6 months of exclusive
breastfeeding! She’s had a few pumped bottles this month when we were out and
about and the night that Jason and I went to a concert, but other than that,
she strictly nurses. When she is awake, she’s pretty regularly feeding every 2
hours. Occasionally she’ll make it 2.5-3 hours, but this is pretty rare anymore.
I try and pump 2-3 times per week to keep a stock for an upcoming trip I’m
taking next month. It will be my first overnight away from Mia, and I want to
make sure her daddy is good and stocked up!
She does seem very curious
about our eating habits. When we’re eating dinner, she always watches so
intently. One Saturday morning, we went out for breakfast and Mia was sitting
in my lap (because she was over her car seat at this point) and she wanted to
touch all of my utensils, the plate, and my cup. It was really cute to see her
so curious, but tricky to keep her little hands from getting sticky syrup all
over them J
Sleep:
We have had a little bit of
sleep regression this month. Between teething, growth spurts and gas, it’s been
a bit of a rough month for us. My poor baby!
MOST nights, Mia goes to bed
around 10 pm and sleeps until 7 or 8 am the next morning. When she does wake up
in the morning, it’s 50/50 whether she’ll go back to sleep after feeding or
not. When she does, it’s usually for no more than 2 hours. We’ve had a few
nights where she woke up once or twice in the night wanting to be fed, but she
generally goes right back to sleep after eating.
She still does not nap
regularly. She’s pretty much the queen of micro naps. She usually takes 3 or 4
10-minute naps every day, usually while she’s nursing. It’s very rare that we
get a crib nap. Usually when she does nap, it’s in her car seat, in the baby
carrier, or while being held. I do try to put her in her crib twice a day for
“quiet time” in the hopes that she’ll at least associate that with relaxing. It
generally lasts 20-30 minutes before she’s had enough.
She is still sleeping in her
crib at night. There was one night that we brought her into our room because
she was so fussy and kept waking up, but other than that, she’s been fine in
her crib.
She does sleep on her tummy
now. I put her in the crib on her back, but she always rolls over at some
point. It makes me really nervous, but she’s good at turning her head to the
side. Still I usually wake up a few times a night to check on her J
Milestones:
Mia is a rolling machine!
Front to back, back to front, all over the place. She rolls while we’re
changing her too which makes it tricky.
She still doesn’t like tummy
time (which is strange since she likes sleeping on her tummy) so she usually rolls
onto her back.
She’s half-way crawling. Her
knees and butt are always in the right position, but she hasn’t quite figured
out that she has to push up on her hands too. I’m okay with her being
non-mobile for a bit longer! Our house isn’t baby proof yet J
Everything has to go into
her mouth now. Toys, fingers, her passy, her toes, socks, clothes, she’s not
picky.
She’s starting to get
interested in toys now. Her favorite toy right now is a soft rattle shaped like
a cheetah.
Mia loves to be sitting upright!
Thankfully her Nana got her a Bumbo chair, so that makes my job a little easier
during playtime. She’s able to sit unsupported for about 5 seconds.
She also loves standing. I
get most of the housework done during the day while she plays in her bouncer.
She also likes to stand on our legs. She’s really great at supporting her on
weight on her legs.
She’s starting getting
really interested in grabbing faces; she loves daddy’s whiskers!
Recently she’s started
letting me go for walks with her in the carrier. She didn’t really like it
before and would cry whenever we put her in it, but she’s okay with it now and
usually falls asleep while I walk.
She’s starting to get
clingier, to me in particular. There are some days where she just doesn’t want
to get put down.
She’s still a little chatter
box! No new consonant sounds that I can detect, but she ‘talks’ a lot more now
and she loves to squeal and scream!
She rubs her eyes when she’s
sleepy.
Things I want to remember
about this month:
Her love for new places and
new people! She is so curious about everything now, and it’s so fun to watch
her interact with her world.
This is not really a
positive thing, but I want to remember that she is always cranky between 7 pm
and when she goes to bed. If only she’d nap! Hopefully one day I’ll look back
on this from the perspective of a mom with a napping baby J
All of her ‘yoga’ poses. It
amazes me how flexible babies are!
The specialness of the time
that I get to bond with her during breastfeeding. Yes, it might be a hassle to
plan our lives around feeding time, but I love getting to have that time with
her.
How she always wants to grab
things. This goes along with her beautiful curiosity.
Even in utero she was an
extremely active baby. I gave her the nickname “Wiggles” when she was a few
days old, and it suits her well. The girl loves to move!
I try to send a picture to Jason everyday while he's at work. I love this one of her during breakfast one morning, she looked so content!
Adorable little pumpkin hat!
All smiles before bedtime
First trip to the pumpkin patch. We were only there about 10 minutes before she had a meltdown, but thankfully we got some cute pictures first!
Happy baby in her swing.






No comments:
Post a Comment