Stats:
Weight: 16 pounds on the nose. She’s in the 11th percentile for weight
Weight: 16 pounds on the nose. She’s in the 11th percentile for weight
Height: 28.75 inches. She
jumped up to the 90th percentile for height!
Size: 9 months for clothes
and she can wear either size 2 or 3 diapers
Appearance: I think her eyes
are settling on being a bluish-green color. Whatever they are, they’re very
pretty. Her hair is filling in even more and continues to be that coppery-red
color. I love her chunky thighs and chunky baby feet!
Food:
This has been a pretty interesting
month food wise. I am still nursing her, but I cut back to twice a day (morning
and before bed). She still gets breast milk 4 times a day (about every 4 hours
still), but for the afternoon feeds, I put pumped milk into a sippy cup or
bottle. This means I have to pump about three times a day, but it’s all part of
my “gentle weaning” plan.
In between breast feeds,
she’s still eating purees. We mostly use the Gerber 2nd foods, but
she has tried a few of the 3rd foods as well and those seem to be
going over well. We’ve also started introducing a little bit of “real food”. So
far, she’s tried yogurt (love), banana (so so, which is weird because she loves
banana puree), cheese (like), avocado (so so), egg noodles (love), french fries
(love), lettuce (indifferent) and mac and cheese (which she really didn’t seem
to like much). She also LOVES those Gerber puffs. Seriously, I don’t know what
they put into those things, but she’s addicted to them. We usually give them to
her 2-3 times per day. We’ve yet to find a flavor she doesn’t like, and they
are fantastic at keeping her occupied and quiet.
She’s also a lot better at
using her sippy cup. She drinks water and breast milk out of it with only
minimal dripping and spillage J
She generally nurses at
about 7 am, has purees around 9, breast milk around noon, purees around 2 pm,
breast milk around 4, purees around 6, and nurses again around 8 before
bed.
She has the puffs sporadically during the day and usually while we’re eating
dinner.
Sleep:
Night sleep continues to go
well after the sleep training. She usually sleeps 10.5-11 hours at night. She
has been waking up earlier in the mornings, usually between 6:30 and 7, but
it’s what I call a “gentle” wake up. She usually just babbles and plays with
her toes for a while before we come get her.
Naps could still be better,
but they’re improving. She usually naps for a total of about 3 hours a day over
her two naps. Usually, she’ll have one nap that’s about 45 minutes and another
that’s just over 2 hours. There have been a few days that she’s split the naps
evenly (1.5 hours each). I really enjoy those days! She usually goes down for
her naps around 9 or 9:30 am and again around 2-2:30 pm.
Milestones:
Mia loves to spit and blow
raspberries now. It’s her new favorite hobby. She particularly loves doing this
while she’s eating.
We’ve officially got 2
teeth! Both of her lower central incisors broke through this month, about a
week apart. No signs yet of any more teeth, but she chews on her fingers a lot
so I’m sure it will be soon.
She’s figured out if she
moves her hand in front of her own mouth while she’s talking that she can make
funny noises, and she loves it! She’ll usually look at Jason and I afterwards
like “your turn!”, so we do it too J
She’s getting a lot more
comfortable with crawling. I can tell she’d rather be walking, but she uses
crawling to cross the room now.
A few days ago, Mia pulled
up to standing for the first time! She was napping in her crib, and I heard
that she had woken up so I checked the monitor. Sure enough, she was standing!
I’ve seen her do it a few times since then.
She loves listening to
music. When it’s on, sometimes she’ll “sing” along. Love my silly girl!
She’s still babbling, and I
think she’s starting to figure out that certain sounds mean certain things,
like ‘dada’!
If she’s holding onto
something, like the coffee table, she can walk around the perimeter by herself
(of course, with mommy or daddy right behind her J).
She’s also started to wave a
little bit (though, I don’t think she knows that it means hello or goodbye
because her timing is random) and she gives high fives!
She loves Sesame Street! So
far, it seems like Elmo is her favorite. She always gets really excited when
he’s on.
She gets really excited
watching videos of herself on our phones. She also likes looking at pictures of
‘pretty baby’.
We’ve started using her (outdoor)
swing and she loves it! She screams happy screams a lot when she’s in it.
She doesn’t use signs yet,
but when she bangs her hand on something, that’s the way she asks for ‘more’.
We’re pretty confident she’s
going to be left handed. She uses both hands, but seems to prefer her left.
With the introduction of the
puffs and other food, she’s really gotten the pincer grasp down.
She’s started pulling her
socks off a lot. Whenever we leave the house, we have to put shoes on her now
because we were starting to lose socks on walks and in stores and stuff.
Things I want to remember
about this month:
She loves dancing with mommy
and daddy.
She giggles whenever Luna
licks her toes. It’s the sweetest sound.
Mia had her first
Valentine’s Day. Daddy got us both flowers!
Her cheeks and ribs are the
most ticklish places on her body.
How she reaches out her arms
when she wants to be picked up.
The face that she makes when
she tries a new food. It’s like a combination of confusion and disgust.
Her toothy grin! I love
those baby toofers!
How she curls up into a ball
when she’s sleeping. We call it the ‘Wiggles ball’.
She loves being outside!
We’re trying to spend as much time as we can with her outside before it gets
too hot!
She likes to hold onto my
thumb while she’s nursing.
The best way to play with toys? Chewing on them, of course!
Very proud of her pulling up abilities!
Mia's first Valentine's day!
Two of her favorite things... swinging and being outside!





No comments:
Post a Comment