How far along:
36 weeks. This post is for weeks 33-36 or all of month 9. This will probably be my last post before his arrival!
36 weeks. This post is for weeks 33-36 or all of month 9. This will probably be my last post before his arrival!
Next doctor’s appointment:
November 6 (weekly from now on)
November 6 (weekly from now on)
Signs and symptoms:
Heartburn is still pretty bad. I can’t eat too close to bed, or anything too sweet or spicy.
I’ve become pretty irritable lately. This is kind of a problem when you have a strong willed toddler. I’m really trying to stay even-keeled, but there are just some days where I probably over react to really little things.
I’ve developed sciatic on both sides of my lower back. This hasn’t been particularly fun.
My belly button has almost entirely flipped outward… but there’s still a little bit hanging in there!
Still no signs of preeclampsia! I’m so thankful for this; with Mia I was diagnosed at 36 weeks.
My feet and ankles have had some swelling, but thankfully nothing too major.
I’m always so tired. I don’t get to nap nearly as much as I’d like to.
Weight change:
I am up 7 pounds this month which brings me up 30 pounds total from my starting weight.
Heartburn is still pretty bad. I can’t eat too close to bed, or anything too sweet or spicy.
I’ve become pretty irritable lately. This is kind of a problem when you have a strong willed toddler. I’m really trying to stay even-keeled, but there are just some days where I probably over react to really little things.
I’ve developed sciatic on both sides of my lower back. This hasn’t been particularly fun.
My belly button has almost entirely flipped outward… but there’s still a little bit hanging in there!
Still no signs of preeclampsia! I’m so thankful for this; with Mia I was diagnosed at 36 weeks.
My feet and ankles have had some swelling, but thankfully nothing too major.
I’m always so tired. I don’t get to nap nearly as much as I’d like to.
Weight change:
I am up 7 pounds this month which brings me up 30 pounds total from my starting weight.
Food cravings:
It’s been pretty tough to avoid sugar, but I’m still trying to limit it as much as possible.
It’s been pretty tough to avoid sugar, but I’m still trying to limit it as much as possible.
Aversions:
Nothing in particular, but my sense of smell has been pretty strong.
Nothing in particular, but my sense of smell has been pretty strong.
What is going on with the baby:
Little brother should be around 6 pounds now (although he’s actually 7.5) and will continue to pile on weight until his birth. His extra body fat is helping him to regulate his body temperature and develop his immune system. His movements should be stronger and more defined (they most definitely are).
What I miss:
Not having a huge, giant belly
Not waddling
Getting rid of the sciatica
Little brother should be around 6 pounds now (although he’s actually 7.5) and will continue to pile on weight until his birth. His extra body fat is helping him to regulate his body temperature and develop his immune system. His movements should be stronger and more defined (they most definitely are).
What I miss:
Not having a huge, giant belly
Not waddling
Getting rid of the sciatica
What I’m looking forward to
Snuggling with my little man
Meeting him at any time!
Snuggling with my little man
Meeting him at any time!
Changes:
I went to see the maternal fetal medicine specialist. He does have a slightly enlarged left renal pelvis, but it’s nothing that needs addressing now. The problem will still probably resolve itself, but we’ll just need to make his pediatrician aware once he’s born.
Aside from being quite a bit bigger, not much else has changed. Just trying to hang on until his arrival now!
I went to see the maternal fetal medicine specialist. He does have a slightly enlarged left renal pelvis, but it’s nothing that needs addressing now. The problem will still probably resolve itself, but we’ll just need to make his pediatrician aware once he’s born.
Aside from being quite a bit bigger, not much else has changed. Just trying to hang on until his arrival now!


No comments:
Post a Comment