32 weeks. This post is for weeks 29-32, or all of month 8.
Next doctor’s appointment:
October 10 (I’m now going every other week)
October 10 (I’m now going every other week)
Signs and symptoms:
The heartburn has made a return in the past month. Most days I am okay, but there are some days, even when I don’t eat anything crazy, that I’ve had quite a bit.
My appetite hasn’t been quite as insatiable lately which I am thankful for. For a while there, I felt like I was having to eat constantly.
I’ve had a little bit of swelling, but nothing too major. I did take off my rings just as a precaution. I still have ankles, which I count as a win!
Still having the charley-horse pains; mostly just in my right calf muscle. I usually get them in the middle of the night or early in the morning.
Sleeping continues to be difficult. Rolling from side to side is really a chore these days, as is sitting up from laying. I usually get up at least twice a night to go to the bathroom, and I never really feel all that rested.
Still lots of movement from this little guy!
My blood pressure continues to be in a healthy range, so hopefully preeclampsia doesn’t strike again!
Weight change:
I am up 5 pounds this month which is considerably better than last month. That brings me up 23 pounds total from my starting weight. While it’s more than I gained with Mia (I only gained 25 pounds total with her), I actually feel smaller this time around… probably because I haven’t had too much swelling yet. With Mia I was so puffy. While this weight change is better than last month, I still feel like I need to slow down just a little bit. I am still working out 5 days a week at least (mostly walking and some light cardio), so I’m hoping that helps.
The heartburn has made a return in the past month. Most days I am okay, but there are some days, even when I don’t eat anything crazy, that I’ve had quite a bit.
My appetite hasn’t been quite as insatiable lately which I am thankful for. For a while there, I felt like I was having to eat constantly.
I’ve had a little bit of swelling, but nothing too major. I did take off my rings just as a precaution. I still have ankles, which I count as a win!
Still having the charley-horse pains; mostly just in my right calf muscle. I usually get them in the middle of the night or early in the morning.
Sleeping continues to be difficult. Rolling from side to side is really a chore these days, as is sitting up from laying. I usually get up at least twice a night to go to the bathroom, and I never really feel all that rested.
Still lots of movement from this little guy!
My blood pressure continues to be in a healthy range, so hopefully preeclampsia doesn’t strike again!
Weight change:
I am up 5 pounds this month which is considerably better than last month. That brings me up 23 pounds total from my starting weight. While it’s more than I gained with Mia (I only gained 25 pounds total with her), I actually feel smaller this time around… probably because I haven’t had too much swelling yet. With Mia I was so puffy. While this weight change is better than last month, I still feel like I need to slow down just a little bit. I am still working out 5 days a week at least (mostly walking and some light cardio), so I’m hoping that helps.
Food cravings:
I really wanted apple pie this month, and I got one for my birthday (thanks momma!).
Fruit smoothies
I really wanted apple pie this month, and I got one for my birthday (thanks momma!).
Fruit smoothies
Aversions:
Floral smells have been kind of off-putting.
While I normally love all things pumpkin scented in the fall, I haven’t been as into it this year. I wouldn’t go so far as to say I’m averse, just not as fond of it as normal.
Floral smells have been kind of off-putting.
While I normally love all things pumpkin scented in the fall, I haven’t been as into it this year. I wouldn’t go so far as to say I’m averse, just not as fond of it as normal.
What is going on with the baby:
Our dude should be around 16.7 inches long and weighing about 4 pounds, about the size of a bok choy (I swear, these aps have the strangest fruits and veggies). At my 31 week appointment last week, he was weighing just over 4.5 pounds, so I imagine he’s now probably around 5 pounds. He was in the 95th percentile overall for size! He now spends most of the day sleeping, but his movements are increasing and becoming stronger. In the next 8 weeks, he’ll gain 1/3rd to ½ of his total birth weight. He’s still fattening up and now has complete finger and toenails. His hair is continuing to grow (in fact we saw some on the ultrasound!) and his skin is getting less wrinkly as his fat increases.
Our dude should be around 16.7 inches long and weighing about 4 pounds, about the size of a bok choy (I swear, these aps have the strangest fruits and veggies). At my 31 week appointment last week, he was weighing just over 4.5 pounds, so I imagine he’s now probably around 5 pounds. He was in the 95th percentile overall for size! He now spends most of the day sleeping, but his movements are increasing and becoming stronger. In the next 8 weeks, he’ll gain 1/3rd to ½ of his total birth weight. He’s still fattening up and now has complete finger and toenails. His hair is continuing to grow (in fact we saw some on the ultrasound!) and his skin is getting less wrinkly as his fat increases.
What I miss:
Not getting winded when I try to exercise
Sleeping comfortably
Being able to bend over without making ridiculous noises
Not getting winded when I try to exercise
Sleeping comfortably
Being able to bend over without making ridiculous noises
What I’m looking forward to
Still so, so excited to meet him and see his sweet face!
Drinking caffeine again. I have missed it SO much lately.
Still so, so excited to meet him and see his sweet face!
Drinking caffeine again. I have missed it SO much lately.
Changes:
I was borderline for the 1 hour glucose test (just like I was with Mia) but I did pass the 3 hour, so no gestational diabetes! Yay!
I am now able to tell which part of his body is where. For instance, when he kicks me, I can feel that it’s his little foot.
At my latest ultrasound, my doctor noticed that one side of his renal pelvis (where the urine is stored on its way from the kidneys to the bladder) was a little bigger than the other. She said this is common (1 out of 100 pregnancies, in fact, and more common in boys) and usually resolves itself on its own. Just to be on the safe side, she wants me to go see a maternal fetal medicine doctor for a second opinion. I am hoping that the problem resolved itself (apparently in 99% of cases this happens before birth), but still a little anxious. Positive vibes appreciated!
Given his size and all of the complications that surrounded my last delivery, I’ve decided to go for an elective c-section this time. I already scheduled it, so unless he decides he’s ready to come sooner, his birthday is set! This really wasn’t an easy decision for me to make; I chatted a lot with my doctor, with Jason, did research, and talked with a friend who is an L&D nurse (and herself had 2 successful VBACs). I really feel given all the variables that this is the best option for me.
I was borderline for the 1 hour glucose test (just like I was with Mia) but I did pass the 3 hour, so no gestational diabetes! Yay!
I am now able to tell which part of his body is where. For instance, when he kicks me, I can feel that it’s his little foot.
At my latest ultrasound, my doctor noticed that one side of his renal pelvis (where the urine is stored on its way from the kidneys to the bladder) was a little bigger than the other. She said this is common (1 out of 100 pregnancies, in fact, and more common in boys) and usually resolves itself on its own. Just to be on the safe side, she wants me to go see a maternal fetal medicine doctor for a second opinion. I am hoping that the problem resolved itself (apparently in 99% of cases this happens before birth), but still a little anxious. Positive vibes appreciated!
Given his size and all of the complications that surrounded my last delivery, I’ve decided to go for an elective c-section this time. I already scheduled it, so unless he decides he’s ready to come sooner, his birthday is set! This really wasn’t an easy decision for me to make; I chatted a lot with my doctor, with Jason, did research, and talked with a friend who is an L&D nurse (and herself had 2 successful VBACs). I really feel given all the variables that this is the best option for me.
31 weeks! While the umbilical cord was covering his forehead, you can get a glimpse of that sweet profile! <3


No comments:
Post a Comment