Stats:
Weight: 16 lbs. 14 oz
Weight: 16 lbs. 14 oz
Height: not sure on his height
Size: 9 month clothes and size
3 diapers
Appearance: Not a whole lot of
change from last month aside from I feel like he’s gotten longer
Food:
Lots of fun with food this
past month! We are still doing only breastmilk; a combination of nursing and
bottle feeding. I do feel like bottle feeds are becoming more common. He does
seem to like to nurse about once a day, but it seems more like a comfort thing
than to eat. He’ll breastfeed for maybe 10 minutes, then he’s done. Mia did
this same thing, but she was 10-11 months when she did. He usually takes 7-8
ounces of a bottle. We’ve started adding rice cereal to his bottles, and that’s
going over well so far. We also introduced solids this month! For the first few
days, I was concerned because he seemed totally uninterested in eating solids.
We’d be lucky if he would finish one small container in a day. After the first
week however, he really got the hang of it. He now usually eats four large containers a day. He’s seemed to at least like everything he’s tried except for
green beans. His favorite is bananas or any medley containing bananas, but
squash is probably a close second. He also really likes puffs and teething
crackers. We have also introduced water, but in limited quantities. He’ll maybe
“drink” 2 ounces a day, though most of it ends up on his clothes instead of in
his mouth. Still not great with the sippy cup!
Sleep:
Naps have actually been great
this past month. At the beginning of the month, I was doing what I called ‘nap
bootcamp’ to get him to take regular naps. It really only took 2-3 days until
he understood that when he was put in bed, it was time to sleep. Thankfully,
very little fussing went on. He usually takes 2-3 naps a day depending on how
long they are. His first nap is usually about an hour and a half, the other 1
(or 2) are about an hour each. Night sleep has been iffy. He goes down very
easily and MOST nights he sleeps about 10 hours, but I’d say he’s woken up
probably 1/3 of all of the nights this past month. It’s getting trickier to
soothe him back to sleep once he does, so we’ll probably have to do sleep training
soon. When he wakes up, he’s never hungry, just usually fussy. We had 2 really
bad nights where he was up more than half the night and nothing worked to calm
him down. We also had one night where he slept 12 straight hours with no
interruption. It was amazing!
With big sister out of school,
his eat/sleep schedule looks something like this:
7-7:30a – wake up and have a bottle
9:30-10 – nap
11:30ish – solids
1:30-2p – nap
3ish- nurse and/or bottle
5 or 6 – nap (if needed)
6-6:30 – solids
8:30-9 – bottle and bedtime
7-7:30a – wake up and have a bottle
9:30-10 – nap
11:30ish – solids
1:30-2p – nap
3ish- nurse and/or bottle
5 or 6 – nap (if needed)
6-6:30 – solids
8:30-9 – bottle and bedtime
Sometimes, he’ll want to nurse
for a few minutes before his second nap and just take a bottle once he wakes
up. We have playtime or run errands between eating and sleeping.
Milestones:
He still only has the 2 teeth,
but they’re fully in and very sharp!
He is fully crawling now! And he
is fast!
He can pull up to standing. This
terrifies me! He’s still not very sturdy, so he falls over a lot. I have to
watch him pretty closely to make sure he doesn’t bonk his head too hard.
He sits up by himself fairly
well now. He still topples over occasionally, but for the most part he’s got
the hang of it. I wouldn’t say I’m comfortable enough to let him sit up in the
tub by himself, but we’re getting close. He can also get into a sitting
position from crawling.
He can feed himself puffs or
teething crackers, but no pincer grasp yet. He still palms everything.
He’s added a few new sounds to
his vocabulary. His favorite noise to make right now is probably ‘buh’, but he
likes ‘dadadadada’ too. Still lots of ‘w’, ‘g’, ‘b’, and ‘d’ noises.
He can copy facial movements. This
has been particularly helpful for feeding purposes; if I open my mouth, he does
too.
He’s responding to his name
(most of the time). He also responds to ‘gator’ which is one of our nicknames
for him.
He wants to put everything in
his mouth.
We’re getting to a place where
he’s starting to only want me, or he gets upset when he can’t see me. If I’m
not around he’s generally okay, but if he has a choice in the matter (if he
knows I’m home) he seems to prefer mama.
When you put your hand in
front of his mouth, he’ll start making sounds so you can play the ‘wah wah wah’
game with him.
He still doesn’t like the paci
as much as Mia did at his age, but he is using it more than he was before
(probably because of teething). He used to only want it for sleeping, but now
he’ll put it in his mouth other times during the day too.
Things I want to remember
about this month:
Jason’s first Father’s day
with 2 babies!
I left him overnight (2
nights) for the first time other than when he was 4 weeks old and I was in the
hospital. It was hard for me, but I had a great time, and Nate had lots of fun
with daddy, sister, and his grandparents!
The look on his face when I
got back from said trip. He pulled out his paci, smiled, and reached out for
me.
He smacks his hands on things
(high chair tray, bottle, me) when he wants more of something.
He loves to splash in the pool
or bathtub. He’s not as much of a water bug as Mia was/is, but he does seem to
enjoy it unless the water is too cold.
His favorite things:
Big sister, snuggling, peek-a-boo,
throwing toys or anything else for that matter, pulling off his bib/socks,
pulling up to standing, my phone, chewing on tags, smiling at everyone, playing
with/throwing balls, grabbing faces, swinging, eating, being tickled
And now, the pictures!
Bananas! Despite his face, he was really enjoying it
After a rough night, little man passed out cold after he finished his morning bottle
Crawling everywhere!
The exact moment I realized we needed to lower the crib..and take down the mobile





No comments:
Post a Comment