How far along:
21 weeks
21 weeks
Next doctor’s appointment:
February 16
February 16
Signs and symptoms:
Despite Jason’s best efforts each and every night, my back and feet are constantly hurting me. I bought some insoles for my shoes; they help a little but not much. I also do stretches before bed, right after I wake up, and at work usually around lunch time. I also started prenatal yoga this past week. I had wanted to start much earlier, but since I was sick for so long, it got delayed. I really hope that it helps with my aches and pains and also with labor and delivery!
Despite Jason’s best efforts each and every night, my back and feet are constantly hurting me. I bought some insoles for my shoes; they help a little but not much. I also do stretches before bed, right after I wake up, and at work usually around lunch time. I also started prenatal yoga this past week. I had wanted to start much earlier, but since I was sick for so long, it got delayed. I really hope that it helps with my aches and pains and also with labor and delivery!
Pregnancy brain is still hanging around. I’ve had several
“moments” this past week. Most notably this example:
So, when I get in to work in the mornings, I always drop off my lunchbox in the break room refrigerator before going to my desk. A few days ago, I went into the break room like usual, opened the refrigerator, put what I thought was my lunchbox in and walked to my desk. Once getting to my desk, I realized that I still had my lunchbox in my possession. Now, this confused me something terrible because I KNEW I had put something in that fridge. I picked my lunchbox up and went back into the break room only to discover that it was actually my purse that had ended up in the fridge. J Thankfully I get to work before most people arrive so no one saw this humiliation, but I was still pretty embarrassed!
So, when I get in to work in the mornings, I always drop off my lunchbox in the break room refrigerator before going to my desk. A few days ago, I went into the break room like usual, opened the refrigerator, put what I thought was my lunchbox in and walked to my desk. Once getting to my desk, I realized that I still had my lunchbox in my possession. Now, this confused me something terrible because I KNEW I had put something in that fridge. I picked my lunchbox up and went back into the break room only to discover that it was actually my purse that had ended up in the fridge. J Thankfully I get to work before most people arrive so no one saw this humiliation, but I was still pretty embarrassed!
The weird dreams that I was having near the beginning of
the pregnancy have returned!
Still getting up a few times a night to pee.
Weight gain:
Up 2 more pounds from last week, so three altogether! Go Mia!
Up 2 more pounds from last week, so three altogether! Go Mia!
Food cravings:
Nothing specific. Still hungry all the time.
Nothing specific. Still hungry all the time.
Aversions:
Nothing I can think of.
Nothing I can think of.
What’s going on with the baby:
Mia is the size of a carrot. She’s probably around 10.5 inches long and weighing about 10.5 ounces (keep in mind last week the sonographer said she was about 12 ounces). Her digestive system has developed to the point that she can absorb water and some sugars from the amniotic fluid that she swallows, though most of her nourishment still comes from the placenta. Her bone marrow is also developed enough to contribute to blood cell formation (which were previously completely done by the spleen and liver). Her hair, eyelashes and eyebrows are all starting to grow.
Mia is the size of a carrot. She’s probably around 10.5 inches long and weighing about 10.5 ounces (keep in mind last week the sonographer said she was about 12 ounces). Her digestive system has developed to the point that she can absorb water and some sugars from the amniotic fluid that she swallows, though most of her nourishment still comes from the placenta. Her bone marrow is also developed enough to contribute to blood cell formation (which were previously completely done by the spleen and liver). Her hair, eyelashes and eyebrows are all starting to grow.
What I miss:
Bending over. Seeing my toes. Not hurting everywhere!
Bending over. Seeing my toes. Not hurting everywhere!
What I’m looking forward to:
Our birthing class is coming up in a few weeks and I’m pretty excited about that.
Our birthing class is coming up in a few weeks and I’m pretty excited about that.
Getting her nursery ready! We’re going crib shopping next
weekend.
Getting some Girl Scout cookies!
Changes:
Mia is slowly getting more and more active during the day. Her favorite time to become our little wiggle worm is right as I’m lying down to go to sleep. The other night, she was ‘tap dancing’ on my intestines and Jason got to feel her kick for about 5 solid minutes. I think he really liked it, but it got a little uncomfortable for me! I love feeling her move, but it’s still pretty weird for me!
Mia is slowly getting more and more active during the day. Her favorite time to become our little wiggle worm is right as I’m lying down to go to sleep. The other night, she was ‘tap dancing’ on my intestines and Jason got to feel her kick for about 5 solid minutes. I think he really liked it, but it got a little uncomfortable for me! I love feeling her move, but it’s still pretty weird for me!
My belly button is still pointed in, but it’s starting to
get stretched out. I wouldn’t be surprised if it popped out before this
pregnancy is over.
21 weeks!

No comments:
Post a Comment