How far along:
25/26 weeks, another 2 in 1!
25/26 weeks, another 2 in 1!
Next doctor’s appointment:
March 18
March 18
Signs and symptoms:
My neck and shoulder pain has lessened in recent weeks, but my mid and lower back hurt basically all the time. Sitting, standing, laying down, it doesn’t matter. It always hurts.
My neck and shoulder pain has lessened in recent weeks, but my mid and lower back hurt basically all the time. Sitting, standing, laying down, it doesn’t matter. It always hurts.
People have started wanting to touch the bump. At least
most people ask J I really
don’t mind people wanting to touch it, particularly people I know, but I really
prefer if people ask me first. It’s a little weird when strangers want to touch
my belly… not sure I really get that.
As Mia grows, I can feel more of her movements. I really
love feeling her move! It’s a little freaky sometimes, but I still enjoy it.
Sleep is still iffy. I have some nights where I sleep
fairly well, but usually I’m up a few times to pee, plus all the tossing and
turning. I sleep surrounded by a wall of pillows (poor Jason!).
I’m congested 24/7, but it’s worse in the mornings. I
usually have a coughing fit when I first wake up in the mornings. Once I was
coughing so hard it actually made me gag and almost throw up. I’ve started
sleeping more elevated, but it only does so much.
My appetite is increasing almost to the point of being
insatiable. My stomach is getting compressed though, so I can’t eat very large
portions. I usually want to eat every 1-2 hours during the day.
Weight gain:
I forgot to weigh myself at week 25, but at week 26 I’m up 4 pounds from 2 weeks ago for a total of 12.
I forgot to weigh myself at week 25, but at week 26 I’m up 4 pounds from 2 weeks ago for a total of 12.
Food cravings:
I’m not really having many specific cravings anymore, but I’ve been thinking about a bacon cheeseburger for the past few days.
I’m not really having many specific cravings anymore, but I’ve been thinking about a bacon cheeseburger for the past few days.
Aversions:
The smoky smell in the casinos while we were in Vegas. Gross!
The smoky smell in the casinos while we were in Vegas. Gross!
What’s going on with the baby:
At 25 weeks Mia was the size of a zucchini, about 13.6 inches long and weighing in at 1.5 pounds. At 26 weeks, she’s about the size of an eggplant; 14 inches long and weighing about 1.75 pounds. In the past 2 weeks, her spine has started forming its structures and the blood vessels of her lungs are developing. Blood vessels have also starting forming beneath her skin and filling with blood (so she’s pinking up!). Her fingerprints are fully formed and her nostrils are starting to open. Her eyes are fully formed and will open soon, and she can distinguish light from dark inside the uterus. She can also now respond to noises as the nerves in her ears are much better developed. Her oil and sweat glands are fully functional and she continues to gain fat and blood vessels. Her skin is becoming less transparent each day.
At 25 weeks Mia was the size of a zucchini, about 13.6 inches long and weighing in at 1.5 pounds. At 26 weeks, she’s about the size of an eggplant; 14 inches long and weighing about 1.75 pounds. In the past 2 weeks, her spine has started forming its structures and the blood vessels of her lungs are developing. Blood vessels have also starting forming beneath her skin and filling with blood (so she’s pinking up!). Her fingerprints are fully formed and her nostrils are starting to open. Her eyes are fully formed and will open soon, and she can distinguish light from dark inside the uterus. She can also now respond to noises as the nerves in her ears are much better developed. Her oil and sweat glands are fully functional and she continues to gain fat and blood vessels. Her skin is becoming less transparent each day.
What I miss:
As much as I love feeling her move, I can’t wait until she’s out here and my body is my own again!
As much as I love feeling her move, I can’t wait until she’s out here and my body is my own again!
Cocktails. I was slightly sad that I didn’t get to drink
any alcohol while we were in Las Vegas. I had a virgin Pina Colada though!
Not having random people want to touch me.
What I’m looking forward to:
We’re hopefully painting her nursery this weekend, so I’m pumped for that! I can’t wait to have it all set up.
We’re hopefully painting her nursery this weekend, so I’m pumped for that! I can’t wait to have it all set up.
Having her in my arms instead of in my belly!
Changes:
My belly is getting bigger, obviously. I really need to invest in some more maternity clothes, particularly tops. This might be TMI, but I’m also up a full cup size.
My belly is getting bigger, obviously. I really need to invest in some more maternity clothes, particularly tops. This might be TMI, but I’m also up a full cup size.
My constantly increasing appetite. Hey, I’ll take it to
the four months I spent not wanting to eat anything!
25 weeks!


No comments:
Post a Comment