Thursday, March 26, 2015

Pregnancy Journal, Week 29

How far along:
29 weeks

Next doctor’s appointment:
April 1

Signs and symptoms:
I’ve been a little more tired this week than I have been in a while. I’m also getting more aches and pains in my pelvic area.
No one has actually said this (probably smart) but I feel like I’m waddling now. As my pelvis gets a bit wider and I’m carrying more weight, I’m sure this will happen more and more.
Mia is a very active little bug. I started doing kick counts, and she rarely takes long to get her 10 in J. Maybe we have a little soccer star in there. Or a professional kick boxer, one of the two.
My appetite is not quite as intense as it has been in previous weeks, but it’s still pretty strong sometimes. My stomach continues to shrink, making it difficult to eat a lot in one sitting. I mostly stick to smaller meals and snacks to get me through the day.
I find myself getting hot a lot.

Weight gain:
I’m up 2 pounds from last week, so 16 total.

Food cravings:
Baked potatoes and cheese!  
 
Aversions:
Nothing specific.  

What’s going on with the baby:
Mia is about 15.2 inches long and weighing in at 2.5 pounds. She’s approximately the size of a butternut squash. Her sensory organs are well developed and she’s starting to regulate her own body temperature. Her bone marrow is now in complete control of making red blood cells. Her lungs are developed enough now to be able to breathe air. Her head continues to grow larger to accommodate her amazing brain J Her nutritional needs are also increasing as she continues to grow. She needs a lot of calcium right now as her skeleton starts to harden, which may explain my cheese craving.

What I miss:
Not waddling and feeling huge.

What I’m looking forward to:
Getting and ultrasound at my next appointment!

Some of our friends had a baby girl last month and we’re going to meet her this weekend! I can’t wait to see her and for Mia to “meet” her future bestie for the first time!

Changes:
Not too much has changed since last week. I did have my 1-hour glucose screen at my last doctor’s appointment and my numbers were ever so slightly elevated. Because of that, I now have to do the three-hour glucose screen. I’m not really looking forward to repeating the test, having my blood drawn four times and sitting in a waiting room for 3 hours. Yuck. Most of all, I hope that the results are normal and that I don’t have gestational diabetes!

I also did end up having to take my rings off my fingers. I have a little bit of swelling going on and I don’t want to risk them getting stuck and unable to be removed later. As it was, I had to soak my hands in an ice bath and use soap to get them off! Not very fun. 
29 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment