Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Pregnancy Journal, Week 35

How far along:
35 weeks, 5 weeks to go!

Next doctor’s appointment:
May 13

Signs and symptoms:
I’ve been really, really uncomfortable this week. I feel like every time Mia moves that my skin is going to explode! Walking is challenging, but I’m still trying to stick to walking a little every day with Jason and Luna. I usually get pretty winded.
I also think I may have had a few Braxton Hicks contractions this week. I’m not really sure, but when I described what I was feeling to my mom, she seemed convinced that’s what was going on. There was no pain, but my belly got really tight for a minute or so.
My feet are still hugely swollen. I’m pretty sure you can even tell in this week’s photo. I’ve been monitoring my blood pressure at home, and while I have the occasional higher readings, for the most part they’ve been normal.
I don’t think I’ve ‘dropped’ yet, but I sense that could happen anytime.

Weight gain:
No weight change from last week, still up 21 pounds 

Food cravings:
Ice cream  
Oreos

Aversions:
Nothing I can think of.   
  
What’s going on with the baby:
As I mentioned last time, Mia’s main changes from now until her birth will be her packing on body fat and the continued development of her brain and lungs.
She’s about 18.2 inches long and weighs approximately 5.5 pounds this week, about the size of a honeydew melon. Her digestive system is almost complete and her lungs are nearly fully developed. She’s running out of space to move around in my uterus, so there are fewer somersaults and more poking jabs. Her kidneys are fully developed now and her liver can process some waste products.

What I miss:

Other than what I mentioned last week, I also now really appreciate and miss my pre-pregnancy body!

What I’m looking forward to:
Getting to meet this little person!
Putting the last finishing touches on the nursery.
My prenatal massage!

Changes:
This week I made my birth plan. There’s this really awesome website somedaystartsnow.com that I recommend to anyone who’s considering having children ever (even if it’s way off!). It gives great tips about being healthy before and during pregnancy, what to expect during pregnancy, labor and beyond. And, on top of that, it’s created by the Department of State Health Services J Anyway, I used this website to create my birth plan. I don’t have that many ‘requirements’ because I know when it comes to labor, I should expect the unexpected. I do want to be able to move around during early labor, and labor in the tub if possible (at our hospital, 2 of the LD rooms have tubs). I also want to breastfeed as soon as possible.

35 weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment