Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Pregnancy Journal, Week 34

How far along:
34 weeks, 6 weeks to go!

Next doctor’s appointment:
May 13

Signs and symptoms:
The heartburn has let up a little this week, but sleep continues to be increasingly difficult. I’ve also been wicked thirsty the past few days. It seems like no matter how much I drink, I’m still insanely thirsty all the time.
It’s getting harder and harder to walk. I get pretty winded from taking even one flight of stairs. I had three people at work TODAY tell me that I waddle when I walk… as if I didn’t know that already J
The swelling in my feet is pretty bad, particularly at the end of the day. I try to get up every hour at work to walk, and I keep my feet elevated as much as I can. Still, my feet and ankles are pretty swollen.
Mia’s movements have become more like stretches now than pokes or jabs.
The skin on my belly gets pretty itchy sometimes.

Weight gain:
Up 2 more pounds, 21 total.  

Food cravings:
Strawberries have really been hitting the spot this week.
Ice cold milk.
Sharp cheddar!  

Aversions:
Nothing I can think of.    
  
What’s going on with the baby:
Mia’s main changes from now until her birth will be her packing on body fat and the continued development of her brain and lungs.
This week, she’s a little under 18 inches long and weighs nearly 5 pounds (about the size of a cantaloupe). Her immune system continues to develop in preparation for life in a germy world. Her skeleton is continuing to harden which is increasing her calcium demands. This really makes my dairy related cravings make sense to me! Her central nervous system is also maturing.

What I miss:
Sleeping well and comfortably.
Not waddling. 
Not needing to drink something all the time!

What I’m looking forward to:
Seeing what Mia looks like.
Another ultrasound in 3 weeks!

Changes:
We installed the car seats in the cars this past weekend. We’re ready to bring her home!

Since she’s still measuring a little big, my doctor wants me to get one last ultrasound at my 37 week visit. She mentioned that when women fail their one hour glucose test like I did, even when they don’t have gestational diabetes, that their babies tend to be a little on the bigger side. I guess we’ll see!

34 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment