How far along:
24 weeks. This post is for weeks 21-24, or all of month 6. Also the last post of my second trimester!
24 weeks. This post is for weeks 21-24, or all of month 6. Also the last post of my second trimester!
Next doctor’s appointment:
September 5… that will be my glucose test… yuck!
September 5… that will be my glucose test… yuck!
Signs and symptoms:
I am still having heartburn, but not nearly as frequently. If I avoid spicy or overly greasy foods (or prep with tums before!) I’m usually okay.
I’ve reached the point where I can no longer sleep on my back, as that leaves me short of breath. I usually spend the night turning from side to side to get comfortable, but this little guy seems to have a slight preference for me laying on my left side.
My baby bump is getting bigger, but I’m carrying a lot higher than I did with Mia.
The skin on my belly is starting to feel stretched out, and I’ve been feeling some occasional tugging around my c-section incision scar.
I’m getting winded a little more easily, but I can still get around relatively well if I pace myself. Swimming is really great exercise at the moment!
No real noticeable swelling yet, but my rings are getting just a hair snug. I may have to remove them pretty soon.
I have been a lot more tired this pregnancy than I was with Mia. I know this is partially because I spend my days chasing a toddler, but I feel like even accounting for that, I’m still more tired overall. I spend a good portion of most days wishing I could sleep! On days Mia visits her grandmas or something, I nap!
Back pain has ramped up quite a bit. I’ve also started having charley-horse pains in my upper legs, right where my thigh meets my hip.
I can see some movement through my skin/clothes now. Very cool and very alien!
Weight change:
I gained 4 pounds this month, so up 6 from my starting weight
I am still having heartburn, but not nearly as frequently. If I avoid spicy or overly greasy foods (or prep with tums before!) I’m usually okay.
I’ve reached the point where I can no longer sleep on my back, as that leaves me short of breath. I usually spend the night turning from side to side to get comfortable, but this little guy seems to have a slight preference for me laying on my left side.
My baby bump is getting bigger, but I’m carrying a lot higher than I did with Mia.
The skin on my belly is starting to feel stretched out, and I’ve been feeling some occasional tugging around my c-section incision scar.
I’m getting winded a little more easily, but I can still get around relatively well if I pace myself. Swimming is really great exercise at the moment!
No real noticeable swelling yet, but my rings are getting just a hair snug. I may have to remove them pretty soon.
I have been a lot more tired this pregnancy than I was with Mia. I know this is partially because I spend my days chasing a toddler, but I feel like even accounting for that, I’m still more tired overall. I spend a good portion of most days wishing I could sleep! On days Mia visits her grandmas or something, I nap!
Back pain has ramped up quite a bit. I’ve also started having charley-horse pains in my upper legs, right where my thigh meets my hip.
I can see some movement through my skin/clothes now. Very cool and very alien!
Weight change:
I gained 4 pounds this month, so up 6 from my starting weight
Food cravings:
Give me all the sugar! I’m trying really hard to not give into this one TOO much, or by eating fruit instead, but this little guy seems to have his dad’s sweet tooth.
Sandwiches (I heat up the lunch meat!)
Mango
Give me all the sugar! I’m trying really hard to not give into this one TOO much, or by eating fruit instead, but this little guy seems to have his dad’s sweet tooth.
Sandwiches (I heat up the lunch meat!)
Mango
Aversions:
Same as last month
Same as last month
What is going on with the baby:
Baby boy should be about the size of an ear of corn or a grapefruit. He’s about a foot long and weighs just over 1 pound. His lungs are still practicing ‘breathing’ in amniotic fluid and they’ve began producing surfactant, which keeps the air sacs from collapsing. He has reached ‘viability’, meaning if he were to be born now, he’d have a good shot at surviving outside the womb… not that I’m rushing him! His face and body are beginning to fill out and his muscles are growing. The bones are strengthening and his organs are continuing to develop. His brain is going through a stage of rapid growth at the moment.
Baby boy should be about the size of an ear of corn or a grapefruit. He’s about a foot long and weighs just over 1 pound. His lungs are still practicing ‘breathing’ in amniotic fluid and they’ve began producing surfactant, which keeps the air sacs from collapsing. He has reached ‘viability’, meaning if he were to be born now, he’d have a good shot at surviving outside the womb… not that I’m rushing him! His face and body are beginning to fill out and his muscles are growing. The bones are strengthening and his organs are continuing to develop. His brain is going through a stage of rapid growth at the moment.
What I miss:
Not being tired/napping
Active play with Mia
Sleeping comfortably at night.
Not being tired/napping
Active play with Mia
Sleeping comfortably at night.
What I’m looking forward to:
Meeting this little guy!
Going an entire night without waking up to pee
Sleeping relatively well again
Meeting this little guy!
Going an entire night without waking up to pee
Sleeping relatively well again
Changes:
Feeling more and more movement each week! Our little guy is quite active!
We have also decided on a name for him! While I’ll be keeping it off of the internet, I’m happy to share with anyone who asks :-)
I’m starting to feel uncomfortable. I know I have a ways to go, but there it is!
At my latest doctor’s appointment, my belly was measuring about 2 weeks ahead on size. My doctor wants another ultrasound at 30 weeks to check his size, but it looks like he’s going to be big!
Mia is interacting with my belly a lot more. It’s really sweet to see her always wanting to hug and kiss on her ‘little brother’, and she always asks if he likes the food I eat. I can’t wait to see her in action as a big sister!
Movement is no longer only on the left side. He’s moving all over the place!
Feeling more and more movement each week! Our little guy is quite active!
We have also decided on a name for him! While I’ll be keeping it off of the internet, I’m happy to share with anyone who asks :-)
I’m starting to feel uncomfortable. I know I have a ways to go, but there it is!
At my latest doctor’s appointment, my belly was measuring about 2 weeks ahead on size. My doctor wants another ultrasound at 30 weeks to check his size, but it looks like he’s going to be big!
Mia is interacting with my belly a lot more. It’s really sweet to see her always wanting to hug and kiss on her ‘little brother’, and she always asks if he likes the food I eat. I can’t wait to see her in action as a big sister!
Movement is no longer only on the left side. He’s moving all over the place!

No comments:
Post a Comment