Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Baby #2, Month 7


How far along:
28 weeks. This post is for weeks 25-28, or all of month 7. Hello third trimester!

Next doctor’s appointment:
September 25

Signs and symptoms:
The heartburn has calmed considerably from last month. I still have to avoid overly spicy or greasy foods for the most part though, or it flares back up.
I know I’m not that much bigger than I was when I was at this point in my pregnancy with Mia, but I feel SO MUCH BIGGER and this baby boy is so heavy.
Lots of lower back pain and leg pain. I get pretty frequent charley-horse pains in my legs too.
No noticeable swelling as of yet, but I’ll probably take off my rings at some point this week to avoid having to get them cut off (like I did with Mia).
Sleeping is really getting to be a problem. I have the hardest time getting comfortable at night.
My thirst level has increased quite a bit.
My belly button is starting to flip out a little bit. I may have an outie by the end of this pregnancy.
My blood pressure is still in a very healthy range, which is good given my history of preeclampsia.

Weight change:
I gained 9 pounds this month (yikes), so this should make me up 15 pounds from my starting weight. However, at my appointment my doctor was discussing my weight gain, and apparently I’ve actually gained 18 pounds total. So somewhere in there I lost (no pun intended) 3 pounds. I probably just misremembered a number at some point. Also, it doesn’t help that sometime during our move, we lost our bathroom scale, so I haven’t been weighing myself regularly (only at appointments). My doctor isn’t overly concerned about my weight just yet, but she said given how much I put on in the past 4 weeks, it may be a good idea to keep a closer eye on what I’m eating.  

Food cravings:
Apparently I gave into the sugar craving too much (see above).
Mango still
I’ve been really thirsty lately

Aversions:
Nothing really I can think of 

What is going on with the baby:
This week little dude should be about 2.25 pounds (though he’s probably heavier) and he’s slowly approaching 15 inches long (about the size of head of lettuce). His brain is now developing its folds and grooves (the gyri and sulci for those biologically inclined). He’s still fattening up (apparently quite rapidly) and his muscle tone is improving, which I can definitely feel as kicks and punches are now quite a bit stronger. He can blink his eyes now, and even has eyelashes. He should be able to see light through my belly now too. 

What I miss:
Not getting winded when I try to exercise
Sleeping comfortably
Not having to sit down all the time

What I’m looking forward to:
Meeting this little guy! Though for now I’ll settle for the ultrasound we have at my next appointment.
Going an entire night without waking up to pee
Mia meeting her little brother

Changes:
Still feeling more and more movement each week, but I can tell it’s getting crowded in there for him. Big baby + tiny torso = not a great combination
My belly is now measuring about 3 weeks ahead on size, which likely is putting him somewhere in the 90th percentile for size. We’ll know more for sure after the ultrasound in a few weeks.
We went on our last little vacation as a family of three. I’m glad we did it when we did, because we were very busy the entire time, and it’s getting harder and harder for me to get around with each passing week.
Mia started preschool again this week and I’m truly glad. Not only does she love school, but it will be nice to have a little bit of time for myself before her brother arrives.
I had my glucose tolerance test at my appointment, so hopefully I pass!



No comments:

Post a Comment