Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Pregnancy Journal, Week 18

How far along:
18 weeks

Next doctor’s appointment:
January 19

Signs and symptoms:
I’m still feeling pretty good. I did throw up once this week, but I wasn’t feeling sick before or after. I think I just ate too fast. I was able to eat an entire plate of food (much more slowly of course) only moments after. I did gag twice while brushing my teeth this week, so I guess that one is sticking around. Still no more Zofran and I’m also off the extra B6 vitamin.
My lower back gets pretty sore these days, especially if I sit for too long without stretching or walk around for too long. I have a posture pad on my chair at work that seems to help some.
Apparently I really do look pregnant now. I went back to work after 2 weeks off for the Holidays and I kept hearing “wow you really popped!” or “wow, you’re getting bigger!”. I’m going to take these as compliments J If I stand straight up and then look down, I can only see the tips of my toes.
I’m definitely feeling something. Baby or tummy bubbles? Who knows.
I guess I’m also getting really hot at night. I don’t notice, but Jason says that I radiate heat now and I always wake up uncovered. I guess I get hot and kick the covers off in my sleep.

Weight gain: 
I’m only down one pound from my starting weight! It’s amazing what being able to eat does.
 
Food cravings:
Nothing specific this week. I’m still enjoying bananas. 

Aversions:
I tend to avoid things that I was eating a lot of when I was really sick (crackers, toast, ginger ale, etc.), probably because I have bad associations with them in my mind. 

What’s going on with the baby:
Baby Mia is the size of a bell pepper! She’s almost 6 inches long and weighs between 5 and 7 ounces. While her eyes are still closed, her retinas are now able to detect light. The pads of her fingers and toes continue to form and her fingerprints are more distinguished. Meconium (read fetus poop) is starting to collect in her intestines (lucky girl!). The heart is now pumping about 30 quarts of blood per day. She continues to spend a lot of time flexing her arms and legs to get them good and strong. Her blood vessels are visible beneath her skin and myelin is starting to form around her nerves. Her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place (though they best not be used for MANY years yet!).

What I miss:
Other than things I mentioned last week, there’s really nothing. I’m almost to the point where I’m enjoying this pregnancy! Hopefully this part won’t be too short lived
J

What I’m looking forward to:
I’d still like to be SURE that I’m feeling her move.
Seeing how much she’s grown since 12 weeks!

Changes:
This isn’t a change with me personally, but Jason got a new job! It’s MUCH closer to home (only about 10 minutes away, much better than his current hour long commute) and has better advancement opportunities. There’s also a little more money involved which isn’t a bad thing eitherJ. He starts next week and I’m really excited for him and for the positive changes this brings to our family!
We also did our baby registries this week which was really fun and exciting (but also really exhausting!).



18 Weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment