How far along:
16/17 weeks. We were traveling, so this post is 2 weeks in one. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
16/17 weeks. We were traveling, so this post is 2 weeks in one. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Next doctor’s appointment:
January 19
January 19
Signs and symptoms:
I am so thankful; it seems like I’m finally past the first trimester sickness. I haven’t thrown up in almost 2 weeks and I’ve been off Zofran for over 2 weeks now. I also find myself having more energy (though I still get tired fairly easily). I only gagged once during these 2 weeks while brushing my teeth!
I am so thankful; it seems like I’m finally past the first trimester sickness. I haven’t thrown up in almost 2 weeks and I’ve been off Zofran for over 2 weeks now. I also find myself having more energy (though I still get tired fairly easily). I only gagged once during these 2 weeks while brushing my teeth!
Eating is an interesting balance for me right now. While I
can pretty much eat anything I want to, I fill up really quickly, and then I’m
hungry again about an hour later.
I’m definitely showing. Baby Mia is making herself known!
I’ve completely switched over to maternity pants, but I can still wear some
shirts that aren’t maternity. I’m thinking about also investing in a belly band
so I can go on wearing some of my non-maternity jeans as well.
I’m pretty sure I’ve been feeling movement of some kind. I’m
still not 100% sure, but I think I can, especially when she moves her entire
body. She seems to like hanging out on my left side and you can visibly see a
tiny lump on my stomach when she’s on one side or the other.
Mia got lots of awesome gifts for Christmas! It’s so
wonderful that she’s so loved already. I can’t wait for next Christmas!
Weight gain:
I gained another pound, so now only down 4 from where I started. My doctor said at my last appointment that my weight was fine, so I guess she’s not terribly concerned just now.
I gained another pound, so now only down 4 from where I started. My doctor said at my last appointment that my weight was fine, so I guess she’s not terribly concerned just now.
Food cravings:
I can’t really remember craving anything specific other than sharp cheddar cheese and bananas.
I can’t really remember craving anything specific other than sharp cheddar cheese and bananas.
Aversions:
I don’t think I’m averse per say, but I haven’t really felt like eating chocolate.
I don’t think I’m averse per say, but I haven’t really felt like eating chocolate.
What’s going on with the baby:
At 16 weeks, Mia was the size of an avocado; 4.5 inches long and weighing about 3.5 ounces. At 17 weeks, she’s the size of a sweet potato; about 5 inches long and weighing about 5 ounces. Her legs are now much more developed and her head more erect. Her eyes are also in their correct position, and her ears almost are too. The patterning has formed on the scalp, but she’s still a baldy. She’s starting growing toenails. Her heart now pumps about 25 quarts of blood per day, an amount that will continue to rise as she grows. Her skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone and the umbilical cord is growing stronger and thicker. She can move her joints now, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.
At 16 weeks, Mia was the size of an avocado; 4.5 inches long and weighing about 3.5 ounces. At 17 weeks, she’s the size of a sweet potato; about 5 inches long and weighing about 5 ounces. Her legs are now much more developed and her head more erect. Her eyes are also in their correct position, and her ears almost are too. The patterning has formed on the scalp, but she’s still a baldy. She’s starting growing toenails. Her heart now pumps about 25 quarts of blood per day, an amount that will continue to rise as she grows. Her skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone and the umbilical cord is growing stronger and thicker. She can move her joints now, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.
What I miss:
Bending over is getting pretty tricky and I’m sure it’s only going to get harder. I also miss not spending half of the day in the bathroom (peeing, not puking!).
Bending over is getting pretty tricky and I’m sure it’s only going to get harder. I also miss not spending half of the day in the bathroom (peeing, not puking!).
What I’m looking forward to:
Being 100% sure that I feel movement and Jason being able to feel movement too!
Being 100% sure that I feel movement and Jason being able to feel movement too!
Seeing her again at our next appointment (another
ultrasound!).
Changes:
The biggest change these past few weeks has definitely been the disappearance of the morning sickness. You won’t be missed!!
The biggest change these past few weeks has definitely been the disappearance of the morning sickness. You won’t be missed!!
We forgot to take a week 16 bumpie (not to mention, we didn't have our board), but here's week 17!

No comments:
Post a Comment