Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pregnancy Journal, Week 19

How far along:
19 weeks

Next doctor’s appointment:
January 19

Signs and symptoms:
No throwing up this whole week and still no Zofran! Yay 2nd trimester!
Along those same lines, my appetite has shown back up with a vengeance. I’m almost always hungry! I've had to start taking snacks to work with me to get me through the day. Along with my breakfast (usually oatmeal or a bagel), I’ll have some additional fruit in the morning (usually a banana and some strawberries), then my lunch, and then another snack after lunch (cottage cheese, yogurt or the like) and of course, dinner after. I usually have another snack before bed too.
My backaches are still present, and my feet have started to hurt too. Luckily no swelling so far though!
It seems like my teeth brushing aversion has either gone away or is in hiding. No gagging this week!
Jason and I both definitely felt Mia move early in the week! It was really awesome! Since then, I feel her moving around sporadically throughout the day (usually when I’m sitting down for a while). Jason has also felt her a few more times. Keep growing baby girl! You’re doing so well!

Weight gain:
I’m up one pound from my starting weight! Never thought I’d be so excited about gaining weight!

Food cravings:
Basically everything other than foods I wouldn’t normally eat any way. I have really enjoyed things with sour cream on them this week, though. I had 2 burrito bowls from Chipotle, a baked potato, and beef stroganoff (which has a sour cream base) this week. The sweets aversion seems to be gone. Not sure if that’s good or bad ;-)

Aversions:
Still avoiding things that I was eating a lot of when I was really sick (crackers, toast, ginger ale, etc.).

What’s going on with the baby:
Mia is the size of a mango. How sweet; Mia the mango! She’s about 7 inches long and weighs about 7-8 ounces. She’s now covered in vernix caseosa (basically wax) to protect her from wrinkling in her amniotic swimming pool. Hair may have started sprouting on her head by now if she’s going to be born with any. Her permanent teeth are already forming behind the buds for her baby teeth. Her ovaries now contain all of the egg cells that she’ll ever have in her life. “Brown fat” has started developing around her neck, chest and groin to keep her warm at birth, and apparently she’s starting sleeping this week (though I thought she was before). She’s starting trying to find her favorite sleeping position and she can even dream during her REM cycle! Her brain is also busy at work developing sensory areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision and touch.

What I miss:
I might be getting a little tired of hearing how pregnant I look. I know people mostly mean well, but there’s got to be a better way of telling me! I don’t mind hearing that I look cute or that my bump is cute, but saying “you look really pregnant” or “wow! You’ve gotten big!” probably isn’t the best option.

What I’m looking forward to:
My ultrasound coming up this week!
Feeling more definite and defined movements.
My back not hurting anymore.

Changes:
Not too much has changed this week except my bumpie shirt (see below). I was noticing that the tan shirt I was wearing was blending into the wall, so I switched to a black one!
I also did invest in a belly band (as you can also see) so I can now wear my regular jeans as well as maternity pants.


19 weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment