How far along:
20 weeks! We’re half way there!
20 weeks! We’re half way there!
Next doctor’s appointment:
February 16
February 16
Signs and symptoms:
I am still always hungry, which I will certainly take over not wanting to eat anything.
I am still always hungry, which I will certainly take over not wanting to eat anything.
My back and feet have really started bothering me,
particularly near my tailbone. I’m so thankful that I have a husband who’s
willing to massage them for me! I might have to invest in some insoles for my
shoes, though.
I’ve been pretty tired this week. My energy level has
been fairly high the past few weeks, but I’m feeling more tired this week. Not
sure why. It might be because I get up 2-3 times per night to go to the
bathroom!
Feeling a lot more movement now; I think she even may
have had the hiccups last night!
Weight gain:
Same as last week, still up one pound.
Same as last week, still up one pound.
Food cravings:
The sour cream thing is still hanging around. Also, I’m not really sure this is a craving, but I’ve eaten quite a few salads this past week. A new frozen custard place just opened down the street from us, and I have a feeling we’ll be spending a lot of time there over the next few months J
The sour cream thing is still hanging around. Also, I’m not really sure this is a craving, but I’ve eaten quite a few salads this past week. A new frozen custard place just opened down the street from us, and I have a feeling we’ll be spending a lot of time there over the next few months J
Aversions:
Not too much really. Hooray!
Not too much really. Hooray!
What’s going on with the baby:
Mia is the size of a banana! According to my aps, she’s about 7 inches long and weighs about 9-10 ounces. However, at the ultrasound we had this week, the sonographer told us that she was about 8 inches long and weighing in at about 12 ounces. I imagine her true measurements are somewhere along these estimates! The vernix caseosa that I mentioned last week is thickening and forming into two layers (the epidermis and the dermis). Her bones are continuing to harden and get stronger. She’s swallowing more now (which may explain the hiccups) and is producing more meconium.
Mia is the size of a banana! According to my aps, she’s about 7 inches long and weighs about 9-10 ounces. However, at the ultrasound we had this week, the sonographer told us that she was about 8 inches long and weighing in at about 12 ounces. I imagine her true measurements are somewhere along these estimates! The vernix caseosa that I mentioned last week is thickening and forming into two layers (the epidermis and the dermis). Her bones are continuing to harden and get stronger. She’s swallowing more now (which may explain the hiccups) and is producing more meconium.
What I miss:
Other than my tailbone and feet not hurting, there’s not much else I’ve missed this week.
Other than my tailbone and feet not hurting, there’s not much else I’ve missed this week.
What I’m looking forward to:
Watching the DVD of the ultrasound over and over!
Watching the DVD of the ultrasound over and over!
Meeting her!
Changes:
Well, we had our second trimester ultrasound this past week. It was amazing! She’s grown so much in 2 months! Measuring from her leg and arm bones, Mia is about 3 days ahead on size. This girl is seriously all limbs just like her daddy! With all the measurements put together, she’s only about 1 day ahead on size, making her in the 50th percentile. She’s got all of her fingers and toes, and her spine is developing properly. We got to see her brain, heart, kidneys and stomach, and all look wonderful. On the strictly adorable and amusing front, we got to watch her play with her toes and “scratch” her face. She also shot the “loser” sign at us, making an ‘L’ with her finger and thumb! Silly girl. I didn’t really believe people when they say that you can tell who the baby looks like from the ultrasound, but I get it now. She definitely has a lot of Jason’s features. She does seem to have my nose though, so I got in there a little bit!
Well, we had our second trimester ultrasound this past week. It was amazing! She’s grown so much in 2 months! Measuring from her leg and arm bones, Mia is about 3 days ahead on size. This girl is seriously all limbs just like her daddy! With all the measurements put together, she’s only about 1 day ahead on size, making her in the 50th percentile. She’s got all of her fingers and toes, and her spine is developing properly. We got to see her brain, heart, kidneys and stomach, and all look wonderful. On the strictly adorable and amusing front, we got to watch her play with her toes and “scratch” her face. She also shot the “loser” sign at us, making an ‘L’ with her finger and thumb! Silly girl. I didn’t really believe people when they say that you can tell who the baby looks like from the ultrasound, but I get it now. She definitely has a lot of Jason’s features. She does seem to have my nose though, so I got in there a little bit!
As I mentioned, I’m feeling her move more now,
particularly when I’m sitting still. She likes to ‘headbutt’ me, as I call it,
because it feels like she’s literally pressing her head against my belly.
20 weeks!!



No comments:
Post a Comment