Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Pregnancy Journal, Week 31

How far along:
31 weeks, 9 weeks to go!

Next doctor’s appointment:
April 15

Signs and symptoms:
My swelling is a little less this week as is the back pain. 
I have had quite a bit of foot pain this week and the heartburn this week has been straight up evil.
My belly button is still an innie! I’m really wondering how long this will last.
My skin is getting really itchy, particularly the skin on my belly.

Weight gain:
I actually didn’t gain any weight this week, so still up 18 pounds.

Food cravings:
Ice cream and popsicles!    

Aversions:
Someone at work was making something in the microwave the other day. I have no idea what it was, but the smell was awful!  

What’s going on with the baby:
According to my aps, Mia is 16.2 inches long and weighing about 3.3 pounds. Since the ultrasound last week told us that she was, at that time, 4 pounds 2 ounces, I suspect she’s actually closer to 4.5 pounds now. She’s due for another growth spurt soon. She should be about the size of a large coconut or a bunch of asparagus. Very random foods if you ask me! This week she’s starting to shed her lanugo (that furry little coat she’s been sporting) but the hair on her head is getting thicker (maybe the reason for the heartburn, hm?). Mia is also expelling more waste now as she ‘drinks’ larger quantities of amniotic fluid. She’s also able to move her head from side to side. Her arms and legs are starting to get chunkier, which I can definitely feel J

What I miss:
I am back to missing sleeping through the night. I know it will be a while before this will happen again, but I really miss it.
I really wanted some caffeine these past 2 days.

What I’m looking forward to:
Cop outs, but…
My baby shower!
Meeting Mia!

Changes:
There haven’t been too many changes from last week. Baby gifts have started arriving which is really exciting for us! Her room is filling up with goodies J
On the nursery front, we are pretty much ready for her arrival. There are still a few things that we’re waiting on for the walls, but it’s really coming together. I can’t wait to have our sweet girl in there!
Mia also had her first Easter (sort of!). She certainly enjoyed our Easter meal! Can’t wait until next year when our little bunny is here!

31 weeks!




No comments:

Post a Comment