How far along:
33 weeks, 7 weeks to go!
33 weeks, 7 weeks to go!
Next doctor’s appointment:
April 28
April 28
Signs and symptoms:
Everything is pretty much the same from last week.
Everything is pretty much the same from last week.
I did catch some kind of stomach bug this past week that
had me down for a few days. I got to ‘relive’ some of the early days of my
pregnancy though, complete with vomiting! So not exciting. I did go to the
hospital to get rehydrated after not keeping anything down for an entire day
and having a slight fever, but everything is fine. They monitored Mia and her
heartbeat was strong and steady, not to mention she was very wiggly! I’m on the
mend now and finally able to eat again normally J
Aside from when I was sick, sleeping is getting more and
more difficult. I can’t seem to shut my brain off and night, and Mia is getting
to be more active right after I lay down. The strange dreams have also
returned.
Heartburn is still a constant.
Weight gain:
No change from last week, probably because I got sick.
No change from last week, probably because I got sick.
Food cravings:
Applesauce
Applesauce
Aversions:
For a few days there it was everything! But other than being sick, no specific aversions.
For a few days there it was everything! But other than being sick, no specific aversions.
What’s going on with the baby:
Mia is a little over 17 inches long and weighing at least 4.5 pounds, about the size of a pineapple. Her skin is changing from red to pink due to the increase in fat that she continues to pack on. Her movements will continue to transition from jabs and kicks to more rolling movements as her quarters become more confined. Her neural pathways which direct her senses continue to develop and now regulate her REM sleep cycles. She’s probably spending about 90-95% of the day asleep at this point- unfortunately not when mommy sleeps! Her skeleton continues to harden, but the bones in her skull are not yet fused (and won’t fully until she’s an adult to make room for her ever-growing brain).
Mia is a little over 17 inches long and weighing at least 4.5 pounds, about the size of a pineapple. Her skin is changing from red to pink due to the increase in fat that she continues to pack on. Her movements will continue to transition from jabs and kicks to more rolling movements as her quarters become more confined. Her neural pathways which direct her senses continue to develop and now regulate her REM sleep cycles. She’s probably spending about 90-95% of the day asleep at this point- unfortunately not when mommy sleeps! Her skeleton continues to harden, but the bones in her skull are not yet fused (and won’t fully until she’s an adult to make room for her ever-growing brain).
What I miss:
Not having heartburn.
Sleeping well and comfortably.
Not waddling.
What I’m looking forward to:
I want this baby in my arms! I hope these next 7 weeks go by quickly.
I want this baby in my arms! I hope these next 7 weeks go by quickly.
Changes:
One big change this week happened to our family, but is not specifically related to my pregnancy. Mia’s grandpa (Jason’s dad) was hit by a car while out riding his bike. So far, he’s had to endure a week in the hospital and two surgeries to repair bones in his face. He may have more surgeries in the future as well.
One big change this week happened to our family, but is not specifically related to my pregnancy. Mia’s grandpa (Jason’s dad) was hit by a car while out riding his bike. So far, he’s had to endure a week in the hospital and two surgeries to repair bones in his face. He may have more surgeries in the future as well.
While his recovery will be long and tedious, we’re so
thankful that he is alive and has full brain function. It could have been so
much worse. The outpouring of support from friends and family has been amazing
and overwhelming; we are so grateful!
He has a picture of Mia’s latest ultrasound hanging in
his hospital room, and likes to show her off to everyone who stops by J
33 weeks and one sneaky, photo bombing puppy!

No comments:
Post a Comment