Thursday, December 18, 2014

Pregnancy Journal, Week 15

How far along:
15 weeks
Next doctor’s appointment:
December 19
Signs and symptoms:
Not a whole lot has changed in this department since last week. My days are mostly good now, I really only had one ‘bad’ day this week and again, only once with the Zofran. I still do not feel good or completely human though. I can’t wait to feel like myself again!
I am definitely showing. Everyone at work says I officially look pregnant now. Thanks, I think? I have purchased some maternity jeans and they are SO comfortable. Time to bust out those stretchy pants!
I’ve gone back to being pretty tired this week, but it has been a busy week, so maybe that’s why.
Pregnancy brain is a real thing, and I definitely have it. I have to write everything down because my short term memory is pretty horrible right now. Sorry if I repeat a story to you or forget to do something you ask!
Weight gain:
Same as last week, still down 5 pounds from my start weight. Not sure how my doctor will feel about this.
Food cravings:
The kolaches and clementines remain from last week.
I also really wanted plain bagels with strawberry cream cheese.
I could go for a good fruit smoothie right about now.
Cinnamon raisin toast.
Aversions:
I think my sweets aversion is getting less and less. I still don’t actively seek out sweets, but I seem to be okay when I do eat them. This is good because Christmas is next week!
Teeth brushing. I’m convinced this one is here to stay unfortunately.
What’s going on with the baby:
The baby is the size of an apple and weighs 2-3 whole ounces. Her skin is fully developed but is thin and translucent. Her skeletal and muscular systems are still developing and she’s getting lots of practice with her movements (still haven’t felt any!). She’s covered in lanugo (fine little hairs) all over to keep her warm and toasty. She’s still practicing her breathing to develop those lungs and she can sense light. Her taste buds are also beginning to form this week
What I miss:
Not being overly tired. Feeling like a real person again and not just an incubator. Bending over without difficulty.
What I’m looking forward to:
Okay, cop out, but most of this is the same from last time
J
Our Christmas trip to Arkansas and Indiana!
The extended family getting to see my little bump.
Seeing her again! And I get to hear her heartbeat on Friday, so I can’t wait for that either!
Changes:
Aside from the fact that Mia is growing (as demonstrated by my bump!) I’m not sure much else has changed.
I guess you can also count the maternity clothes.



15 Weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment