How far along:
7 weeks
7 weeks
Estimated due date:
June 10, 2015!
June 10, 2015!
Next doctor’s appointment:
I have an ultrasound on November 4, but our next appointment isn’t until November 25.
I have an ultrasound on November 4, but our next appointment isn’t until November 25.
Signs and symptoms:
Still having sore boobs but mostly just in the morning now.
Still having sore boobs but mostly just in the morning now.
I am still nauseous pretty much all the time. There are
many more smells that are now setting me off (more about that in aversions). I
wasn’t at all able to go to the grocery store with Jason this week because I
was feeling so terrible. It tends to get worse as the day goes on. I am not
taking the Unisom suggested by my doctor but I am taking the B6 at night. That
might be helping my mornings be better? I missed 2 days of work this past week.
The vomiting has also started, but has only happened one day so far.
Still very tired 24/7. I haven’t done my daily walking in
a few weeks and I feel pretty bad about that, but I have zero energy,
particularly on days when I work. I admire those mamas that were able to work
out all through their pregnancy, but that’s not going to be me.
Weight gain:
I’ve lost 2 pounds. Probably because I can’t eat much!
I’ve lost 2 pounds. Probably because I can’t eat much!
Food cravings:
Same caveat as last time about taking this part with a grain of salt right now:
Sherbet
Plain tater tots
Pickles (I know, how stereotypical!)
Iced tea (guess I’ll have to switch to decaf!)
Sweet-onion chicken teriyaki sandwich from Subway
Same caveat as last time about taking this part with a grain of salt right now:
Sherbet
Plain tater tots
Pickles (I know, how stereotypical!)
Iced tea (guess I’ll have to switch to decaf!)
Sweet-onion chicken teriyaki sandwich from Subway
Aversions:
Still most food. I’m really starting to not like saltines but probably just because I eat them a lot. Sometimes it’s all my stomach can take. I’m probably not averse to them, just tired of eating them! I’m avoiding sweets at all cost because they really just do not appeal to me right now (besides jell-o and sherbet). Hopefully this phase passes by Christmas!
Still most food. I’m really starting to not like saltines but probably just because I eat them a lot. Sometimes it’s all my stomach can take. I’m probably not averse to them, just tired of eating them! I’m avoiding sweets at all cost because they really just do not appeal to me right now (besides jell-o and sherbet). Hopefully this phase passes by Christmas!
Fruit in particular is off-putting right now. I’ve been
trying to incorporate fruit into my lunches and it usually makes me feel icky.
The sherbet I ate was lime. That counts, right?
A lot more smells are bothering me, particularly those
that are floral in nature. One of my coworkers has a hand lotion that almost
set me off the other day.
What’s going on with the baby:
The baby is the size of a blueberry and has doubled in size in the past week. The umbilical cord is forming this week, as is a loop in the intestines. Hands and feet are emerging from the developing limbs, and the eyelid folds are forming. The brain is growing and the liver is busy making red blood cells, while the appendix and pancreas are already in place!
The baby is the size of a blueberry and has doubled in size in the past week. The umbilical cord is forming this week, as is a loop in the intestines. Hands and feet are emerging from the developing limbs, and the eyelid folds are forming. The brain is growing and the liver is busy making red blood cells, while the appendix and pancreas are already in place!
What I miss:
Same as last week. Not feeling sick all the time. Not feeling tired all the time. Eating. Also walking the dogs with Jason in the evenings.
Same as last week. Not feeling sick all the time. Not feeling tired all the time. Eating. Also walking the dogs with Jason in the evenings.
What I’m looking forward to:
The next ultrasound! Also, finding out the gender. I know this part is a ways off, but Jason and I have a little bet going J
The next ultrasound! Also, finding out the gender. I know this part is a ways off, but Jason and I have a little bet going J
Changes:
We did get to see the heartbeat at the ultrasound this week and it was pretty much the coolest thing ever! Keep growing little glowworm!
We did get to see the heartbeat at the ultrasound this week and it was pretty much the coolest thing ever! Keep growing little glowworm!
Also, my mom, step dad, sister and Jason’s parents know
about the baby so far. We’ve also told our bosses, but only really out of
necessity (missing work for doctor appointments and sick days). We aren’t really planning on telling anyone
else, aside from maybe my dad and our brothers, until the first trimester is
over.
7 Weeks!


Your experience reminds me so much of mine with all the nausea and smell aversions! I hope it was short lived. If not I recommend smelling lemons... That's actually how I kept from throwing up at your wedding when the kid next to me was eating something fried which happened to be a big aversion at the time.
ReplyDelete