Sunday, December 7, 2014

Pregnancy Journal, Week 10

How far along:
10 weeks! We’re in the double digits now; a quarter of the way done!
Next doctor’s appointment:
November 25
Signs and symptoms:
This hasn’t changed much from last week, but I do feel like I’m throwing up more frequently now. Despite still losing weight, I can tell that a small bump is there, though I’m not really showing to the outside world. The heartburn has started up pretty badly, especially at night. I’m trying to elevate my pillow more to help with this problem a little bit.
Weight gain:
I’m down 2 more pounds for a total of 7 pounds lost.
Food cravings:
Sub sandwiches for some reason have really hit the spot this week, but I always make sure the meat is heated! Thankfully I’m enjoying drinking just plain water a lot more now, but that might be because I’m so tired of ginger ale!
Aversions:
I’m more sensitive to smells in general now, but not necessarily smells that I don’t like. The thought of fast food makes me sick, though I think it’s really just the hamburgers; I had some fries from Whataburger that I really enjoyed.
What’s going on with the baby:
The baby is the size of a cherry tomato. The head is currently more than half the length of the whole baby and is becoming more rounded. Tiny fingers and toes are forming (aw!) as are external ears and the upper lip. The baby’s tooth buds are also starting to form inside the mouth. Tiny little peach fuzz hairs are starting to grow on baby’s skin. The vital organs, including the kidneys, liver, intestines and brain are all in place and are starting to function. The outline of the spine is visible through the skin (can’t wait to see that!).
What I miss:
This really hasn’t changed too much from last week either. I also really miss people not worrying about me 24/7, but I know they all have good intentions!
What I’m looking forward to:
Seeing the baby again and not being sick!
Changes:
I told my dad about the baby this week when I had lunch with him and his reaction was pretty priceless. He seems really excited J
Not too much else has changed, but I’m getting really excited to meet our little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment