Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pregnancy Journal, Week 14

How far along:
14 weeks, yay 2nd trimester!
Next doctor’s appointment:
December 19
Signs and symptoms:
I’m really trying hard to wean myself off of the Zofran. This past week, I only had to take it once, on a day I felt particularly terrible. I’ve throw up probably 3 times this week total. I don’t feel nauseous all the time now, which is really nice. It does hit me sometimes though, so it’s not completely gone. Keep it up body! You’re headed in the right direction!
Most days, I’m not overly tired, but still I get pretty sleepy, particularly on days when I do a lot of running around. Last night, for example, I was in bed by 8:30.
I think a lot of my smell aversions have disappeared. I do notice a lot more smells than before I was pregnant, but unless they just flat out stink, mostly they don’t bother me.
Teeth brushing is still a problem, but this week I’ve been able to only gag, to not actually throw up when I brush my teeth.
I also had a pretty terrible headache this week where my head felt like it was splitting in 2.
I’m having a lot of lower back pain, but I really think it’s because of sitting all day at work. I try really hard to get up and walk around and stretch as much as I can.
Weight gain:
I’ve gained almost 2 more pounds! Now only down 5 from my start weight.    
Food cravings:
Kolaches! Jason didn’t mind this craving too much
J
Clementines; I eat about 4-5 a day now.
Cheese tater tots from Sonic. I paid for this one big time, probably a little too greasy.
Still going strong with the cranberry juice!
Aversions:
Sweets are still a problem. We went to Cheesecake Factory this week and I didn’t want cheesecake. This made me quite sad. I did manage to eat a piece of tres leches cake at a work meeting and actually enjoyed it, though.
Teeth brushing is still an issue.
What’s going on with the baby:
The baby is the size of a nectarine or large lemon and measures about 4 inches long. She has started secreting hormones from her thyroid gland and her digestive system is busy at work practicing. She’s developed soft nails on her fingers and toes. Her blood is starting to form in her bone marrow, spleen and blood vessels. The liver has started secreting bile. The hands are almost fully developed and very functional, squeezing and punching. The eyes and ears are still moving into their final positions and her salivary glands are almost fully developed. The esophagus, windpipe and larynx are fully formed now. Her brain impulses are instructing her to do things like create various facial expressions (wish I could see that!). Her arms are now proportional to the rest of her body.
What I miss:
Caffeine. I really missed it this week.
Christmas shopping without having to stop for breaks.    
My pants fitting me.
What I’m looking forward to:
Our Christmas trip to Arkansas and Indiana!
The extended family getting to see my little bump.
Seeing her again!
Changes:
Well, we made our announcement public this week, so everyone knows!
We also found out the gender as you may have gauged from above (if it hasn’t been blasted on Facebook enough!). It’s a girl! We’re planning to name her Mia Annmarie Michael. We love you sweet Mia!


14 Weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment