Sunday, December 7, 2014

Pregnancy Journal, Week 8

How far along:
8 weeks, Happy Halloween to our tiny little pumpkin!
Estimated due date:
June 10, 2015! I’ll take this out in future weeks unless the doctor changes it.
Next doctor’s appointment:
I have an ultrasound on November 4, but our next appointment isn’t until November 25.
Signs and symptoms:
Everything is the same from last week. I am throwing up a lot more now, usually at least once a day. And I’m way past tired ALL THE TIME. I missed another 2 days of work this week because I was feeling particularly miserable. My coworkers have to be catching on by now to all of my “mysterious illnesses”, but luckily if they are, they aren’t saying anything.
I had my first “emotional breakdown” this week and cried after spending half the night throwing up. Not sure if it was because I was feeling so miserable or because of my hormones. Maybe both. I do have to say that overall I’ve been fairly emotionally stable thus far (verified by hubby, though maybe he’s just humoring me!). I hope that at least remains true.
In my desperate attempt to keep this pregnancy as drug-free as possible, I invested in some Sea-Bands. I’ll update next time if they help or not.
I’ve also been having some crazy dreams. I thought this might be from the vitamins I take right before bed, but I’ve read that this can be a side effect of pregnancy. Weird.
Weight gain:
I’ve lost 2 pounds since last week for a grand total of 4 altogether. Apparently the first trimester is a great diet!
Food cravings:
My cravings are always quick and fleeting. I crave them, and then either eat them or the craving goes away. Eating still isn’t my best friend.
Kraft macaroni and cheese. For some reason it HAD to be Kraft. I paid for this one later, though I did enjoy it while eating it.
Fried rice again
Cherry jolly ranchers
My mom’s mashed potatoes
Aversions:
Basically the same as last week. Most food, particularly sweets, and floral smells. We can also now add brushing my teeth to this list. Whenever I brush my teeth, I now either gag and almost throw up, or just plain throw up. I thought it might be the toothpaste, so I switched kinds. I also tried brushing without toothpaste at all, neither helped. I guess our baby just isn’t down for good oral hygiene.
What’s going on with the baby:
The baby is the size of a kidney bean. Fingers, toes, eyelid folds, ears and the nose are all more developed. The intestines and digestive tract are beginning to grow and the heart is beating about 150 beats/minute. The tail is just about gone, making the baby look more like a human and less like a tadpole. The breathing tubes and lungs are starting to form and the neurons in the brain are forming primitive neural pathways. The baby is moving lots!
What I miss:
Okay, really, not being sick anymore. I’ve been sick for three straight weeks. Sadly, my doctor says that it usually peaks around 8-10 weeks, so I guess we haven’t seen the worst of it yet. I could deal if I was just tired all the time, but I’m really over being sick.
What I’m looking forward to:
The next ultrasound! Jason can’t go, so both first time grandmas will be there with me
J I can’t wait to see their reactions!
Feeling like a human again!
Changes:
Nothing really except for all the growing that the baby is doing.

8 Weeks



No comments:

Post a Comment