How far along:
13 weeks
13 weeks
Next doctor’s appointment:
December 19
December 19
Signs and symptoms:
This week has been all over the place with my sickness. I started the week feeling okay and didn’t even need to take the Zofran. Then, I got really sick for 3 straight days. As this week has closed out, I’ve been feeling better. Today I haven’t taken Zofran and I still feel okay. Most of the time, I can eat without issue. I’ve thrown up a handful of times this week still. Brushing my teeth still usually makes me gag, but it’s only triggered me to throw up once! Progress!
This week has been all over the place with my sickness. I started the week feeling okay and didn’t even need to take the Zofran. Then, I got really sick for 3 straight days. As this week has closed out, I’ve been feeling better. Today I haven’t taken Zofran and I still feel okay. Most of the time, I can eat without issue. I’ve thrown up a handful of times this week still. Brushing my teeth still usually makes me gag, but it’s only triggered me to throw up once! Progress!
I’m still tired, particularly on days when I work, but
I’m actually not dragging and so tired that it’s hard to function. Hopefully
this is a sign that I’m starting to get some of that 2nd trimester
energy I’ve heard so much about.
I’m definitely peeing more now, but I’m not sure if
that’s because I’m getting bigger or just because I’m drinking more (maybe
both?). I find myself a lot more thirsty now, and I stay as hydrated as I can.
Falling asleep is becoming more of an issue now. It takes
me a lot longer to get comfortable. I usually alternate between my sides and my
back until I drift off. Stomach sleeping is totally out now. Some nights, my
lower back really bothers me.
Weight gain:
No change from last week. Still down 7 pounds from where I started.
No change from last week. Still down 7 pounds from where I started.
Food cravings:
I’m all things cranberry right now. I drink 2-3 glasses of cranberry juice per day and I snack on crasins throughout the day. I’ve also enjoyed lemonade.
I’m all things cranberry right now. I drink 2-3 glasses of cranberry juice per day and I snack on crasins throughout the day. I’ve also enjoyed lemonade.
I really want some Thai food. And mashed potatoes.
Aversions:
I can tolerate sweet stuff (had to have some pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving!) but I don’t really seek it out. Smells aren’t bothering me as much unless they’re really strong.
I can tolerate sweet stuff (had to have some pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving!) but I don’t really seek it out. Smells aren’t bothering me as much unless they’re really strong.
Teeth brushing is still an issue.
What’s going on with the baby:
The baby is the size of a tangerine this week, about 2.5-3 inches long. The baby and the placenta now have the same weight (a little less than an ounce each). The vital systems are all developed, and so baby will start growing about 1 inch per week now! The intestines are starting to form villi to absorb nutrients and the liver is secreting bile. Baby is practicing swallowing with amniotic fluid and excreting urine. It is probably sucking its thumb more to practice for nursing; and baby can smile (can’t wait to see that!). The vocal cords are developing for those sleepless nights coming up. The baby’s fingerprints have also formed.
The baby is the size of a tangerine this week, about 2.5-3 inches long. The baby and the placenta now have the same weight (a little less than an ounce each). The vital systems are all developed, and so baby will start growing about 1 inch per week now! The intestines are starting to form villi to absorb nutrients and the liver is secreting bile. Baby is practicing swallowing with amniotic fluid and excreting urine. It is probably sucking its thumb more to practice for nursing; and baby can smile (can’t wait to see that!). The vocal cords are developing for those sleepless nights coming up. The baby’s fingerprints have also formed.
What I miss:
Feeling completely normal. Eating whatever I want to.
Feeling completely normal. Eating whatever I want to.
What I’m looking forward to:
Christmas! Our house is ready now!
Christmas! Our house is ready now!
Telling everyone about the baby.
And of course, seeing the little one again.
Changes:
I definitely have a bump now and I can’t really button my pants at all. I’ve worn one of my new maternity shirts already and I love it! So comfortable and soft.
I definitely have a bump now and I can’t really button my pants at all. I’ve worn one of my new maternity shirts already and I love it! So comfortable and soft.
We’ve told most of our immediate family members and some
of our friends about the baby. Public announcement is coming soon!
Letter to baby, first trimester edition
At the end of each trimester, I’m going to write a letter
to our sweet little one for them to read when they get older J
Dear baby,
First and foremost, I want you to know how much your
daddy and I love and adore you already. You really are the light of our lives.
We can’t wait to meet you! We planned for you, tried for you, and hoped for
you.
We still don’t know if you’re a boy or a girl, but it
really doesn’t matter. You can be anything you want to be! I can’t wait to see
what sports or musical instrument you choose, what hobbies you’ll have, who
you’re friends will be, just everything. I’m enjoying watching you grow inside
me, and I can’t wait to continue watching once you’re here with us on the
outside.
I can tell you that the beginning of this pregnancy
hasn’t been so easy on your mommy. I’ve been sick a lot, tired a lot, and
overall have felt crummy. I don’t tell you this to make you feel guilty (it
wasn’t your fault!), but rather for you to know just how much we want you here.
You’re worth everything your mommy is going through right now. Someday, if you
choose to have children of your own, you may understand mommy’s feelings. I
hope you either have or become the kind of husband your daddy is to me. He has
been so wonderful to me, taking care of both of us. He loves you and it shows
so much already.
Everyone who knows about you is so excited to meet you!
You already have so many people who love you. I know that once more people know
about you, they’ll feel the same way. Just do us all a favor and stay put for
another 6 months first!
You’ve gone from 2 single cells to a tiny little person
in just 11 short weeks. That is so amazing to me! You’re growing like crazy in
there, and will continue to in the upcoming months.
In the upcoming weeks, we’ll find out your gender and
we’ll tell everyone about you. I’ll be able to feel you move, and hopefully
I’ll feel a little better in the process J
Until next time, little one. I love you more than I can
say!
-Your Mommy
13 Weeks!


So sweet! It is completely amazing.
ReplyDelete