Sunday, December 7, 2014

Pregnancy Journal, Week 9

How far along:
9 weeks
Next doctor’s appointment:
November 25
Signs and symptoms:
Basically the same as last week. The throwing up is now a daily occurrence, usually at least twice a day. There’s only been one day in the past week that I didn’t throw up. Thankfully I have not thrown up at work. I think maybe the Seabands might be helping with the nausea somewhat, because I no longer feel nauseous ALL the time. Usually now just in the morning and right after eating. I wear them all day long except for when I’m sleeping. I also keep a supply of jolly ranchers handy. Having something in my mouth seems to help me.
The breast tenderness is almost completely gone, except for right when I wake up in the morning. They do feel extremely heavy though, my goodness.
If it’s possible, I feel like I’m even more tired than I was before. I’m pretty much in bed every night by 9, but sometimes even that isn’t early enough. There was one night I only made it to 8.
Weight gain:
I’ve lost 1 pound since last week for a grand total of 5 altogether. Despite this, I really do think my baby bump is growing.
Food cravings:
I really can’t think of anything I craved this past week.
Aversions:
Everything here is the same as last week. I have eaten a few moderately sweet things, but not as cravings. I’ve noticed I’m not a lot more in tuned to how people smell in general. A guy at work today had really bad B.O. (at least to me) and I had trouble staying in the same room with him.  I also now can’t stand my dogs’ breath.
What’s going on with the baby:
Baby is about the size of grape or a cherry. The tail is completely gone now, and the baby has officially graduated to fetus from an embryo! All of the joints are working (read more on our little wiggle worm below), and the toes are starting to grow. The intestines are growing longer and the digestive system is developing. The gonads have differentiated into ovaries or testes (any bets?!?) and the heart has finished dividing into its 4 chambers. The eyes are fully formed, but the lids are shut and won’t open until week 28. The basic physiology is all in place and baby is ready for some rapid weight gain!
What I miss:
Aside from being sick and not having daily visits with the porcelain gods, I really miss spending time with Jason in the evenings. Our time together is cut shorter now that I go to bed so early. We usually have time for dinner and maybe a TV show together before I’m just too tired. I miss being outside too. I usually try to spend a little time outside each day when I get home from work though.
Also, Jason had a Dr. Pepper at dinner the other night and I was really envious. I’ve decided not to drink caffeine during this pregnancy. Even if I did though, I probably wouldn’t have enjoyed the Dr. Pepper because I’m sure it’s too sweet for my tastes right now.
What I’m looking forward to:
The next ultrasound and the next appointment in general. I’m excited to see how much the baby will grow in the next few weeks! And of course, the first trimester being over!
Changes:
It might be all in my head, but I really think the baby likes it when I or Jason rubs my belly. If nothing else, it certainly relaxes me! I also feel better when I sing, so I try to sing to the baby every day (usually on my commutes). Maybe we have a little musician in there!
I actually got to see the baby this week, and that was really special. He/she was moving around SO much and that little heart was just pumping away and I got to HEAR it. Such a precious and amazing sound! The size is right on track! It was really special to have both my mom and MIL there with me. My mom asked to hear the heartbeat twice (which I didn’t mind), and both seemed just in awe (as I was!).



9 Weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment